14

"Wait, so you actually have complete control over your quirk?" I ask Yukki as I reach my hand up towards the ceiling. 

"Yeah, I do. I don't actually have many negative symptoms after I use my quirk. And I'm able to control whose thoughts I can hear and who's I can't. My eye kind of has something to do with my quirk. That part was true: that if my eye is covered my quirk cannot be used and if it's uncovered than I can use my telepathy. And sometimes if I do use my ability too much, I can get migraines." I nod my head, dropping my hand from out in front of me and placing it on my stomach. That's a lot to take in. 

"So, did you have to lie to me to make yourself seem more... weak or vulnerable?" I question. I guess if he came off as someone who was extremely strong then I wouldn't take him in as one of my own. We would probably still be friends but I just wouldn't have checked up on him as much as I did. 

"Yeah...that was the plan," Yukki says slowly. "Once again, I'm really sorry, y/n. Over time I actually grew to like you as a friend and almost like an older sibling." I blush, a grin forming on my face. 

"I've always seen you as a little brother, Yukki, and I guess I always will," I respond. "Now give me a hug," I say, sitting up, and Yukki smiles before sitting up as well, and I take him in my arms, running my fingers through his thick black hair. 

There's a knock at the door. 

Yukki and I quickly break apart and look in the direction of the door. 

"What!" Yukki yells, and the knob turns slowly. It's Dabi.

"Come on, y/n. Get back to your room, you need to get some sleep before tomorrow," Dabi growls, spinning a lighter around in his hand. I roll my eyes. 

"What are you? My father?" I chuckle, and Yukki looks at me wide-eyed. I squint, giving him a questioning look. 

"Get out here, y/n," Dabi demands, his voice low and hoarse. His gaze digging into me. I glare back, not breaking eye contact. 

"Uh, y/n, I think you should go..." Yukki murmurs, nudging me. I bring my attention to Yukki and give him a little smile before patting his head. 

"Alright, if you say so. Night, love ya," I say, getting off of the bed. 

"I, um, love you too," Yukki answers as I walk towards the door. 

...

Dabi pushes me into my room and slams the door behind us. His look could kill right now. 

"What?" I ask annoyed. 

"Don't use that tone with me, Princess," Dabi sneers. 

"And why shouldn't I? Give me a reason," I threaten, biting my lower lip. Dabi runs his tongue over his teeth. 

"Oh I'll give you a reason," Dabi says, pushing me harshly up against the wall. I act unfazed but really my heart is racing like crazy. His face is centimeters away from mine, and I keep my eyes on his. 

"Oh? And what is this reason?" I question, pursing my lips. Dabi snickers. 

"You're really testing me here, y/n," Dabi whispers into my ear, wrapping his fingers around my neck. I pry his fingers off of my neck. 

"Get your filthy hands off of me," I say through gritted teeth and Dabi looks at me with a straight face. I push him away from me. 

"What did you just say?" Oh shit- I'm in for it. 

"I said-!" I start before Dabi strikes my cheek. My mouth hangs open and I bring my hand up to the side of my face. My skin stings and starts to go numb.  I process what just happened before I raise my free hand slapping Dabi back. He gives me a look; this look so terrifying it sends shivers down my spine. What did I just do? I think to myself. Dabi forcefully grabs my neck pushing me back up against the wall. His fingers digging into my skin. His grasp is tight but he leaves my airway unbothered, still allowing me to breath. My blood slowly stopping its flow to my head. 

"You yell at me one more time, Princess, and I'll give you a real reason to scream," Dabi hisses into my ear. I close my eyes as I feel myself starting to get light headed. I grab onto Dabi's arms for support, holding myself up and I attempt to nod my head. 

"You understand?" Dabi asks. 

"Y-yes," I manage to say. 

"That's a good girl," Dabi whispers, letting go of my neck. I stumble into his arms, putting my head against his chest. "C'mon, Dear, you can take a little punishment. Now stand up. That's hardly anything compared to what I do to you in my dreams." I take a shaky breath, still pulling myself together. I don't move from the position I am in. 

"Oh c'mere," Dabi says before picking me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and close my eyes as he carries me to the bed, slowly placing me down, putting my head on the pillow. "Let's get these jeans off of you," Dabi mutters bringing his hands to unbutton my pants. He slowly pulls down the zipper and removes my jeans, throwing them on the floor. Dabi walks around to his side of the bed and lays down. Dabi grabs me and pulls me towards him, then kisses my head. 

"night," He whispers. 

"Goodnight, Dabi."

"Can you say that again...please?" I bring my head up to look Dabi in the eyes. 

"Goodnight, Dabi," I repeat, and Dabi's lips meet mine for a quick second before he pulls away, placing his head back down on the pillow, and I place my head on his chest.

"I'll see you when I wake up," Dabi whispers, and I close my eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep.