10

I wake up to the bed rattling. I slowly open my eyes and I look over at Dabi. He's sweating and clearly uncomfortable. I put my hand on his shoulder and shake him.

"Dabi, Dabi," I whisper. His breathing increases and his hands start to tremble. "Dabi!" He sits up, startled. He brings his hands to his face.

"Damn," He whispers, his voice hoarse. I bring my hand to his back.

"Its okay, it was just a dream," I say, calmly. Running my hand up and down his spine. I know I don't really like Dabi, but that doesn't mean I should treat him like shit.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, y/n." I shake my head and he meets my eyes.

"It's okay, Dabi. You can go back to sleep now," I say, laying down and pushing the covers off of my legs. He lays down next to me, rubbing his eyes. I turn on my side to look at him.

"Are you okay now?" I ask, moving a piece of my hair out of my face. Dabi groans.

"I guess."

"Okay, night," I say, closing my eyes and drifting back to sleep.

...

I open my eyes once again to the sun peeking in through the window. I look over at Dabi; his hand draped over my torso, and his head digging into the side of my body.

I Don't bother to move him since he hardly got any sleep. I instead slowly turn on my side to look at him. He's so peaceful, the way he sleeps reminds me of.... My mind wanders. Jeez y/n, you have to let go for a bit. Stop thinking about him; it'll just mess up the work that needs to be done here.

"Y/n?" Dabi squints at me; I look him in the eyes.

"Good morning," I sigh. Dabi pulls me into him and my cheeks turn hot. "Uh, what are you doing?" I ask nervously. Dabi says nothing, just holds me in his arms.

"This is really comforting y'know; having you in my arms like this," Dabi whispers into my ear. He runs his fingers up my arm and I take in a sharp breath.

I relax my body and let him hold me. He did have a rough night after all; it's the least I can do. I slip my one arm around his body and close my eyes, falling back to sleep once more.

...

"Princess, you have to get up, it's noon. You and I can't stay like this all day." Dabi wakes me. My head is on his chest and his hand is on my back. I get up and walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

I pull off my clothes and start the water. shit. I'm gonna need something half decent to wear today since I'm going out. I wrap my towel from yesterday around my body and slowly crack the door open. Dabi sits on the bed in just his boxers and he's looking at his phone.

"Hey Dabi?" I start and he looks up at me.

"What's up?" He asks. I hold the towel tightly so it doesn't fall, and I poke my head out of the opening between the door and the door frame.

"Could you get me some clean clothes I can wear for when Toga and I go out later?" Dabi smirks before answering.

"Yeah, I'll have her bring them to you," Dabi replies and leisurely gets off of the bed.

I wash my hair and body, letting the steam from the shower envelop me. I miss them all so much; that's all I can think about. I can let them go for a few months, right? And when I go back, everything will be normal again. Just take the time to finish the tasks here, and before you know it, you'll be heading back to UA.

"I'll leave your clothes here, y/n! Don't take too long, we don't have all day," Toga exclaims, snapping me out of my trance. I nod and she leaves the bathroom.

I turn off the water and step out of the shower, goosebumps rising on my skin from the cold air.

I finish drying off and put on the clothes Toga had brought me: a black over-sized t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting denim jeans. Comfortable and not too eye-catching; perfect for going out in public.

There's a knock on the door.

"Hey, you almost done in there? Toga's getting impatient," Dabi says, opening the door to peek in.

"Dabi, you can't just open the damn door like that. I could've been changing!" I yell, and he stifles a laugh.

"I guess I wouldn't mind the view." I grab the door knob and pull the door open, wacking Dabi in the face. He rubs his forehead.

"That hurt," Dabi says through gritted teeth. I roll my eyes.

...

"Toga! There's no way in hell I'm trying that on!" I yell at her. She holds up a small black dress that looks as though I wouldn't even be able to get one leg into.

"I think you'd look hot," Dabi says, and I look over at him.

"Why did you even come? It was only supposed to be me and Toga," I question, clearly annoyed. Dabi chuckles and doesn't give me a response.

"Oh! what about this one?" Toga asks, holding up a pretty satin body-con dress that has puffy long sleeves. The color is pastel purple, I guess you could say its lavender. I make a face.

"I like the style but the color is... questionable," I respond. Dabi searches through the same rack Toga found the dress on. He pulls out two dresses of the same style: one in black and the other red.

"Here, Princess. Try these on, I wanna see you in them," Dabi says, handing me both dresses.

I walk towards the changing rooms and look down at the ground as I ask for a room key from the worker that stands at the entrance.

"Here, Honey. Wait- if you don't mind me asking, don't you go to UA? I feel like I've seen you at the sports festival before," The lady asks, placing the key in my hand.

"O-oh, yeah, I do. I got third place a year or so ago," I answer with a smile.

"That's right! You're Deliverance, correct?" I nod and tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear with my free hand. "Do you mind if I get your autograph? My daughter loves you."

"Of course you can! Do you have a pen and something for me to sign by chance?" The lady pulls out a pen and a piece of paper.

I sign the paper and hand it back to her. She thanks me and I go to unlock my dressing room.

"Okay, let's see it, y/n!" Toga shouts in anticipation. I open the door and walk out in the red version of the dress. It fits me perfectly. Clinging to my body in all the right places, and the vibrant color of red making my skin color pop.

*this is the dress design *
(feel free to change the dress in your head if you aren't fond of this one)

*this is the dress design * (feel free to change the dress in your head if you aren't fond of this one)

Dabi and Toga both stare at me in awe, and my cheeks turn hot.

"D-do you guys not like it?" I ask, concerned, looking between the two of them.

"You look... stunning. Just like a princess in which you are," Dabi says, walking over to me. He stands in front of me, looking into my eyes.

"That's the one! You don't even have to try on the black one," Toga cheers. "Go change, and Dabi and I will find you a suitable pair of shoes."

"Okay," I answer with a shy smile.

Sorry for all the time skips in this chapter. I still hope it was equally as enjoyable as some of the other chapters :)