4

Chapter 4 – Cecilia ‘The Fanatic’ Waitley
Again, we were on the train.

After coming all the way to Uls, we now head for the next town, Skult..

“No way, their church is in a forest 30 kilometers away…”

“After all that was the intelligence that I got from Uls. Perhaps some error in the information…… probably not, most likely they’re just using the forest as a simple cover.”

So, for the time being, I decided to go to Skult.

…… but it turned out.

“Why is Hazel coming too?”

“I can’t forgive that person, either! And I don’t have a home to go back to….”

Hazel answers, her face darkened.

“S-Sorry! I didn’t mean to remind you of something awful! It’s just that I thought it would be dangerous if you followed because….”

“It’s okay. As for this. It’s for my own convenience. If I can reciprocate her with just a shot, it’ll be fine. If that’s the case, I don’t care if I die.”

Hazel answered with a smile, but felt a sort of intense drive. Her eyes are full of hatred and the will to kill. She has an atmosphere that a fourteen-year-old girl shouldn’t have.

Seeing her eyes, Riko hugged me as if driven by an unfathomable fear. On the other hand, I was surprisingly calm.

But I know those eyes. That is what I used to be. She has the same as the hatred I have for the Undying. Once, Karen once told me that a man who had become ‘so’ could not return. That they lacked an important thing as a human, lose their way, and roll down forever….

“What’s the matter, both of you? Y-Your faces are scary….”

Riko’s voice suddenly snaps me back. I hugged Riko’s trembling body and patted her head.

Hazel, who was watching the scene, blushed for some reason and asked in a coquettish manner.

“…… I don’t mean to be rude, but are you two going out?”

“Ha!?”

“Yup.”

“Haa!!!?”

At first, I couldn’t understand the meaning of Hazel’s question, I screamed reflexively, but then Riko answered it immediately, so I couldn’t fathom it and screamed back.

I feel my face turning red. ‘It’s hot’, said Riko, so body temperature will definitely rise. Or rather, why is Riko calm?

“Just…”

And why is Hazel blushing? Why are you covering your face with your hands? I should be doing such a thing. Rather, if there is a hole, I want to jump right in.

Hazel peeks through the gap in her fingers and asks a more striking question.

“U-Uhm, so you’re together, th-then things like this and also that…”

“What are you asking, Hazel!?”

“Well, hugging and going on dates. Do you take baths or sleep in bed together? Also, kissing.”

“W-Well…”

“Rikooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!?”

Riko keeps running her mouth without a shred of delicacy. Why aren’t you ashamed to be saying so much? I really want to die. I’m not going to die.