18

Chapter 18 – Reunion
“I first got a request to assassinate Commander Elena two weeks ago.”

Olivia began to talk while running through the back alley.

“I don’t know the name of the client. But I remember their features very well. She was a woman with red hair and blood-like eyes.”

“Sakura?”

The person with that characteristic appearance is definitely Sakura.

If Sakura appeared here as well…… it’s very likely the series of incidents were orchestrated by Sakura. Although, it had her stink to begin with.

“Why are you telling us about her?”

“…… In a nutshell, I was threatened. She killed a number of men in front of me. Without weapons or anything!”

“Somehow, she’s like a monster…”

Olivia’s words made Gillian pale.

From her expression, she seems to suspect that Olivia is lying.

However, I have seen Sakura use her power to instantly kill a distant opponent without any gestures several times. She’s literally a monster.

“Shoot the Commander. Disobey, and your life is forfeit. That’s how I was threatened. Her inhuman power was real and I had to obey. So, I shot Commander Elena.”

“…… that you failed, what do you mean?”

“…… ah well. At that moment, I was scared to death and instinctively ran away damnit, but…. I’m sure I saw it. She was shot yet the woman got up and rose to her feet.”

…… eh?

The Commander was shot…. then got up!?

I’m confused by the sudden information, but if what she’s saying is true, then, the Commander was…!?

“Wait, wait! Then, are you saying that the Commander is an Undying!?”

“I don’t understand that either! I mean, I’ve never even heard of the existence of the Undying! But if you and that child, Meena, who had just fallen, were immortal, so could the Commander.”

The head of the country was actually an Undying. The fact was so shocking that both Gillian and I were at a loss for words.

As far as I could confirm, the Undying , except for me, were apparently cooperating with Sakura. And if this incident is also caused by Sakura, then the Commander’s assassination may also have been staged.

…… But, what for? No, the Undying behave inconsistently by nature, but it’s strange that they’re so prepared.

“That’s why I’m going into exile, I can’t stay in this country, but what are you going to do? In any case, I think it’ll be hard to reside in this country.”

“No, exile is easy to say… But, I agree, the country is dangerous, so you’d want to run. Senior, what about you?”

“I originally intended to travel around the world ―――― is that?”

As I was running around the city, I suddenly found someone familiar and stopped.

Why on earth is she here?

I turned on my heel, and I decided to run toward her.

“Oi, hey wait a minute! Where are you going!??”

“Senior, what’s wrong!?”

“I’m sorry. I’ve got a somewhat urgent business! Gillian, go with Olivia for now!”