17

Chapter 17 – The Cornered Rat Bites the Cat
After that.

After that, I managed to calm down from that, and I gave Olivia and Gillian a general explanation.

All of a sudden, there was a coup d’état, in which Commander Elena was assassinated, the simultaneous emergence of Undying in various places, the encounter with Meena in the town, and losing myself to the murderous urge.

“…… It’s hard to believe.”

That was the first thing she said as soon as the explanation was over.

It’s only reasonable. It’s unrealistic to be immortal, and one of them, Meena, is actually dead. If I stab my heart now, it will be proven, but if I am overwhelmed by my impulse again as a result, it would all be for nothing.

“Well, okay. You don’t seem to be lying, so I’ll believe you for the time being…… I think we’re the ones who created the tough situation.”

“……? What did you do, Olivia?”

Gillian tilts her head and asks Olivia, who awkwardly looks away.

In response to the question, Olivia blushed and began to mutter.

I was wondering what was going on, and she dropped a ridiculous bomb.

“The story of General Elena being assassinated……I am the culprit.”

“………… What?”

“Senior, this person. Let’s capture her quickly!”

My thoughts stopped at unexpected words, and Gillian approached me with a change of air.

After hearing the scream, Olivia instantly wrestled Gillian’s body to the ground, shut her mouth and silenced her.

“Hey, Olivia!?”

“Huh! Wouldn’t it be bad if someone asked me!? Sure, I tried to assassinate her, but I failed before that!”

“That’s right!? I mean, you’re loud enough to reveal big information!”

To my point, Olivia looked all around, blushed and shut herself up.

Gillian, who had her mouth closed, going ‘Mmmmm’ as she resisted, also remained silent and stared at Olivia.

Blushing as she couldn’t stand her gaze, Olivia stood up, clearing his throat.

“…Shall we change location and talk for now?”

※※※※

“Kuhitsu”

The deafening laughter of the nun echoed.

She approached Karen, who had fallen unconscious, while taking pleasant steps just like a girl of her age, and stomped her head mercilessly.

“Kuh, kuhihi, kuhihihihihihihihi! Ah, how, how uncouth! For such a loud boast, it reached such a disappointing end!”

“Cecilia.”

Hildle called Cecilia, who happily stomped Karen’s head, but she doesn’t seem to notice.

Over and over again, relentlessly stomping on Karen’s head.

It seemed as if she was venting her daily resentment. In fact, contrary to her joyous attitude, her facial expression made it seem like she was cornered.

“Stop.”

A heartbreaking cry is raised.

It was Iris’s voice. Watching as she was hurt, and she couldn’t bear her being trampled upon whilst unconscious, and screamed unintentionally.