29

Chapter 29 – Madness Accelerated, Secrets Revealed
“…… I’m done with the tentative treatment. Fortunately, only the surface was burned, so it will heal in a week.”

With a bandage wrapped around Gillian’s neck, Iris told her.

Olivia was the most relieved to hear those words.

“Thank God…!”

The tension was relieved, and she suddenly fell down on the sofa.

―――― One hour after the encounter with Rinka Akasaki. We returned to the hotel in Saul and reported each other’s situation.

After coming into contact with Sakura, I encountered Rinka Akasaki. And in the end, Riko had a “bomb” planted in her.

Olivia and Gillian encounter Hazel. When asked where Cecilia was, the two replied that they did not know of course. But immediately after being convinced that she was my companion, she attacked and Gillian was burned.

Karen went with Iris to procure weapons, and when Karen stepped away, she ran across Kirino. However, Sakura appeared there, too, and took Kirino away.

“Whatever the circumstances, aren’t they acting too quickly?”

Karen, sitting on the sofa, whispered.

She took a small box out of her pocket, put a cigarette in her mouth, and began to light it.

“…… Hey.”

Iris looked at Karen’s with a sense of disgust.

Since Iris was a military doctor, it might be unavoidable to hate things that are detrimental to her health.

But I too was surprised at Karen’s smoking, and asked.

“Huh, did Karen smoke?”

“No, just a little…”

“?”

Karen looked awkward.

She looked away and shrugged her shoulders.

It was as if she was desperately holding back something.

“I made her quit three years ago.”

Iris approached Karen as she answered.

“You know, I’m not good with smoking. Why are you smoking again?”

“I’ve had a lot of stress over here. I want something that can relax me even a little.”

“I’m telling you to stop because it’s bad for you!”

“Well, now now. Calm down, both of you.”

I broke in between to pacify them.

Iris had an imperturbable expression, but she seemed to calm down for the time being.

“But Karen is right. I think it’s too early to attack, it’s just three days since the coup d’état. It’s like she’s in a hurry to execute her plan.”

“Ah. In fact, the Undying called Kirino seemed to be quite impatient when she attacked me……. she acted rashly as if she had suddenly gone crazy.”

“……’Critical Point'”

Meena was also making incoherent remarks just before she died.

Even I could get lost in the swell of madness, and be ruined.

That is the end of an immortal.

With this thought, I felt appalled at the sense that my fate is being defined.