40

Chapter 40 – Unparalleled Affection
I ran through a long and narrow passage with all my heart to meet Riko as soon as possible.

Before long, the passageway came to an end, and it went into a spacious area.

And I saw the person in the center of this room.

“Riko!!”

“Serra!!”

When she heard my voice, Riko looked up and screamed back.

As I approached, I saw her sitting, chained to a chair.

I remember when she was once tied up by Alice, and I was angered by her servile methods.

“Riko, are you all right? You’re not hurt!?”

“Yes, I’m okay. That scream was an illusion made by Sakura, so don’t worry.”

“I’m glad …!”

After confirming that Rico is safe for the time being, I was so deeply moved that I hugged her.

It’s been a few hours since I’ve touched her, but by the time I got here, too many things had happened and I felt like I was separated from her for more than a few years.

I felt a strong sense of relief from Riko’s pleasant warmth.

“Serra, your eyes are red… were you crying?”

“… I’m sorry, I’m weak. I’m about to lose to myself again.”

“Did you kill her?”

Riko’s question made my body tremble.

In the end, I was swallowed up by the murder urge again. Riko will blame me for that. Maybe she will hate me.

Still, I’ll be honest and tell her the truth.

“I wanted to kill someone again. Even though I killed Cecilia, I still couldn’t stop the impulse….  Gillian was nearby.”

“――――”

Riko said nothing and looked at me earnestly.

“I tried to kill Gillian… but just before that, I remembered Riko’s voice. So I managed to get my senses back and come this far without hurting my friends.”

“………… good.”

Riko answered with tears in her eyes as she listened to me.

“I believed in you, Serra, that you could overcome it. I said she wouldn’t be a murderer. I said she wouldn’t lose to Sakura, but Serra really did it, didn’t she?”

“…… Yeah. I won’t lose. I’ll never lose. Because, at that time, I promised to live with Rico—”

Bchir.

A strange sound of flesh echoed through.

“―――― Se, ra …………?”

Riko’s eyes were opened wide as she sat in front of me.

There wasn’t a scratch on her body. In other words, nothing had happened to her.

It happened to me.

I gently looked down.

An arm was protruding out of my chest.

I wonder what sort of cheap presentation it was, but this was the impression that came to my mind.

Which meant.

Someone was penetrating my chest from behind.

Before trying to confirm their identity, the person behind me spoke.