33

Chapter 33 – Steeped in Madness, Drowning in Madness, Sinking into Madness
“―――― ior, …en, or………, senior!”

“Huh――――!?”

I woke up to Gillian’s call.

What was going on….

As I recall, I arrived at ‘Rogen’ and was attacked by Rinka, and then I fainted —! ?

“Uugh, Senior, Ms. Iris, Ms. Iris…”

“Oh.”

Yes, Iris is dead.

Unceremoniously, her head exploded from the inside.

As if remembering the scene, Gillian’s face turned pale, but she shed tears as she hugged me.

“…… I couldn’t do anything, nothing! She was so easily killed, such an awful sight, I could only watch!!”

“Gillian”

“Senior, I’m scared. I’m really scared to be killed easily like that! You want me to deal with someone like that?”

“Gillian, calm down.”

I gently hugged Gillian, who was distraught with fear and shedding tears, and rubbed her back.

No matter how determined she was, she’s a 15-year-old girl. Even if she was a soldier, she has not even been organized into a unit yet, and she had no experience of getting through the battlefield like me.

It was only natural that such a young girl, still mentally immature, would be overcome by the power of Rinka, which could easily slaughter her companions in front of her.

――――On the other hand, I was terribly calm at the sight of Iris’ death.

Just before losing consciousness, I heard Karen mourn for the first time. And Gillian was also weeping at the shock of losing her companion.

―――― However, I don’t have that feeling right now. Of course, Iris was an important companion. Her death has a great sense of loss.

But that’s all. I wasn’t any more shaken than that. I’m sorry for Karen and Gillian, but thanks to that, I was able to take in the current situation.

Now we were in a wide, dimly lit corridor. Only the small light above my head was reliable, and the darkness was spreading both in front and behind.

And now, only me and Gillian were here.

…… Me and Gillian alone?

“Oh!? Riko!? Where is Riko?”

“Seni–“

“Hey, Gillian! Riko’s not here! What happened before I fainted!? Where did Riko go?”

“Oh, you don’t understand what you’re saying! Senior calm down—“

『Hiya, that’s enough the both of you ✩』

Sakura’s voice echoed out of nowhere.

I looked up and looked around as if strummed by her voice, but Sakura was nowhere to be seen.

『Oh, it took 15 seconds for everyone to be quiet. How’s that? This is a special surprise for you prepared by Sakura』

“Don’t be ridiculous! Riko! Where did you take Riko!?”

『Is that it? Iris is dead, but surprisingly no damage (LOL)? I don’t know if you’re human.』

“I’ve had enough of that!”