30

Chapter 30 – The Night Before
“―――― Well yes, that’s my past.”

That’s how Riko brought it to a finish.

At Riko’s revealed past, we couldn’t help but be appalled.

“You mean to say, Riko isn’t a human being, she’s a homunculus….”

Karen murmured at the opening.

Riko nodded gravely when she heard it.

“…… Yes. I’m sorry for keeping silent this whole time.”

“Don’t worry about it. Come to think of it, I thought your red eyes were rare at first, but perhaps.”

“I’m sure it’s just as Karen imagined. At least on this continent, no human being genetically has red pigmentation in the eyes. Homunculi always have red eyes.”

Looking back, the Undying who attacked me, Kirino, also had red eyes.

If that’s the case, then by Riko’s remark of ‘mother’, is she saying that Sakura, who created her, literally is a ‘mother’?

But Riko doesn’t want to recognize her as a family.

“So, according to Serra’s story, Rinka, who should have been her sister, is now Undying, right? Are you ready for this?”

“—————- I”

To Karen’s question, Riko looked down and bit her lips.

With her fist clenched and her body trembling, Riko looked straight into my eyes and answered.

“I really don’t want Serra to fight my sister.”

“Riko…”

Rinka is an immortal killer, a murderer who killed many civilians. Frankly, we can’t let her live.

But Riko’s opinion was most unfortunate. Her beloved ‘Big Sister’ killed by her lover. If I were in charge of this, I’d make sure it never happens.

“But Serra’s not going to stop, is she?”

“Yes. But you don’t like it. Do you, Riko?”

“It’s all right with me.”

Riko smiled softly.

However, the smile was stiff, and she had tears in the corner of her eyes.

Needless to say, she’s overdoing it.

I kept my eyes on Riko, even though her state broke my heart.

“I know it’s useless to say that. Besides, Big sister doesn’t remember me anymore, r….”

Riko’s voice began to tremble and her sobbing mixed in.

After all, it was a painful fact for Riko, even though she understood it in her heart. Even if Rinka is actually seen as an Undying, she really wanted to deny it. She can’t believe her “sister” is the person who does such a thing.

We listened silently to Riko, who continued to speak while crying.

“And now, my sister is an enemy… she is not a gentle sister anymore…!”

“Riko”

“So, let’s end it.”

Firmly.

Holding my hand, Riko shed tears as she looked into my eyes and said…

“End my sister. I’m sure it’s the right thing to do for us and sister.”

“………… Yes.”