Interlude 3

Recollection: Riko Akasaki's Past ①
As if pulled from the bottom of the water. Suddenly, the world spread around it. Sound, light, feel, and all kinds of stimuli strike it from all directions.

Blinking, cloudiness, awakening. Its consciousness became clear, it became aware of its ego and its thought circuit gradually began to turn.

"Yoo-hoo. How about waking up, you?"

A girl with fiery red hair and blood red-black eyes peered into its face.

Who was she, who was the girl in front of it?

As soon as it heard the girl's voice, it was moving its mouth sooner than it recognized.

"......'Mother'?"

And one more, it was alone.

Appearing young with red eyes and indigo colored hair.

A Doll(Homunculus) without a name was born into this world.

※※※※

It was just after it woke up that the 'doll' had been transformed.

"Mother" standing in front of it ―――― Sakura went round and round it and spoke in a talkative manner.

"Well, then, I'll "test" as usual. You, homunculus, unlike ordinary humans, possess some knowledge and skills which have been Overwritten(Installed) immediately after being born. It was originally developed as a soldier."

"Hah..."

The 'doll' without the name was in a state that the Sakura's words couldn't quite sink in.

Sakura stopped right in front of the girl and spread her hand in front of her.

"So, the test we're going to do this is to see if that Override(Install) is properly done. It's quite difficult to make a human soul for one person. Just having a very few mistakes will make a useless doll."

Click, saying that much, Sakura snaps her fingers.

Suddenly, a little girl appeared in front of her.

Her whole body was restrained with a rope, the mouth was gagged, and the eyes were blindfolded.

The girl was wriggling her body with a cry of 'Hum!' and desperately resisted.

The 'doll' was bewildered because their understanding could not catch up with the abnormal situation that suddenly occurred.

Suddenly, there was a noise from its feet.

As it looked, it saw a handgun, a kitchen knife, a big rope, an axe, a knife, a club... various weapons were lying at the feet of the doll.

And, Sakura put together the palm of both hands and said with a smile when she approached the front of the 'doll'.

"Now, use whatever article you like to kill this child ✩"

"...... Huh?"

It didn't understand what she meant.

Why can she say such an insane thing with a smile?

The girl, who heard the note of Sakura, resisted harder due to fear, and the 'doll' also backs down to the strange atmosphere of this scene.

After seeing the situation, Sakura frowned and stared back at the girl with a suspicious face.

"What's wrong? Here, use whatever you want from what's here. You know how to do it, right?"

"...... no."

"Yes? What was that?"

"No, I don't like it..."