12

Chapter 12 – Assassin
―――― Elmerado military headquarters, 3:00 pm.

“Oh, no! What’s with the fuss from a while ago!?”

The frustrated Iris curses.

There is no sign of Serra, who last night suddenly started suffering. Certainly, as an immortal, she recovers quickly from wounds, and mentally recovers from physical fatigue. Therefore, she may have decided she could move and then left the hospital without permission.

But Iris is a medic. No matter how much Serra recovers, she is still a patient, and no matter how disciplined by the military, unless Iris gives judgment with her own eyes she will not allow her to leave of her own accord.

In addition, there was another factor that irritated her.

“Oh, why can’t I connect to Karen anymore!?”

The line has been crowded for a while, so the phone couldn’t connect.

Judging from the haste outside, it seems that the departments are in contact with each other all at once and the lines are crossed.

What on earth would cause such confusion?

That was then that Iris thought about it.

“Captain Harvard! It’s an emergency.”

Suddenly, the door of the medical room opens and Karen enters.

She breathed heavy gasps as she slowly closed his distance.

Calling her under the name ‘Captain Harvard’ means she has a mission. Her being able to change standpoints between public and private quickly according to the situation is likely derivative of her being called ‘Loyal dog’.

“Oh, I’m surprised!”

“I’m sorry, but it’s tough anyway! Hurry and come along!”

“Oh, hey!?”

Iris blushes lightly as she is pulled over by Karen’s hand.

However, when Iris saw Karen’s frantic expression, she immediately asked about the situation.

“The army has been in turmoil for a while now, but… what’s going on?”

“Commander Elena was assassinated.”

“What!?”

She’s surprised at Karen’s outrageous words.

That’s right. The head of the country was killed, it’s too unrealistic.

However, in recent years, the number of people who were dissatisfied with Commander Elena’s policy, or rather the military’s control of politics, gradually increased. Then, this confusion which is happening now is….

“No way, you’re telling me you’ve caused a coup!?”

“Oh, that’s not true. Even within the military, there are two factions, a conflict between the Elena and the anti-Elena factions.”

“You’re kidding me!?”

“On top of that, it seems that several unidentified people are going on a rampage and causing damage in the city. This one has already given orders to my men and is ready to deal with them.”

“Ah!”

Iris is speechless due to the stream of information conveyed one after another.

Then she started to get dizzy in anticipation of the number of casualties that would increase with this confusion.