23

Chapter 23 – Worst Date Day ①
Next to Saul is a small town called ‘Marni’. The two were separated by a large river, making it possible to go back and forth between the two towns by creating a huge bridge between them.

Around the middle of the bridge. Karen leaned out and stared at the surface of the water.

Eventually Karen murmured.

“…… Well, what do you want?”

『Oh. That’s quite a hostile attitude.』

The words were returned from the water surface.

The face on the surface of the water was not a woman with a familiar brown-haired semi-short and a single eye, but a little blind girl with eyes closed and white-haired short bob.

Karen glared at the face(Elena) reflected on the surface of the water, and spoke.

“Don’t be silly. I’m not going to be friendly to someone who invades people without permission and tries to steal them away, now am I?”

『…… yes, very puzzling. I certainly got inside you. That said, your soul hasn’t disappeared, and it has successfully merged with mine. An unprecedented event.』

At that time.

When Elena stole Karen’s lips, Elena’s soul went in. Karen’s strong spirit persisted and her soul was spared from being lost. But Elena also had intense madness and her soul did not disappear. As a result, the two souls have somehow fused together and came to co-exist.

So to speak, Karen now has two personalities at the same time. Karen sees whatever Elena sees, and all of Elena’s thoughts reach Karen’s ear.

However, all of Karen’s memories have been replaced by Elena, and Karen reflected in the mirror and the surface of the water has changed to Elena, so it might only be a matter of time before she is taken over.

“…… So. You went out of your way to try to steal my consciousness away, what’s the purpose?”

『No, not at all, such troubling conduct, I just need to talk to you.』

“Talk to me? Like I’d care to talk to you any…”

『For example, we Undying have a weakness.』

“…… What?”

Karen yelled frantically at Elena’s sudden words.

Wasn’t she trying to take Karen’s body to monitor the actions of Serra and the others? Why is she trying to convey such useful information?

『Oh. I certainly became a spy and reported Serra’s activities to Sakura. At first, I took your body with that intention.』

“Then why…”

『I changed my mind.』

With a smile.

Elena’s smile was reflected on the surface of the water.

『I’m not particularly interested in Sakura’s goal. Nor am I interested in Serra’s journey to kill the Undying. I just thought that it was more interesting.』

“Interesting…”

『Yes, that’s right. What I want is pleasure. As long as I can get that pleasure, the means and the end don’t matter. If there is pleasure beyond my ruin or survival, I will enjoy it.』

“…… you’re crazy.”

Karen spits at Elena’s crazy words.

She doesn’t trust the ramblings of a madman, but right now she needs information. It was when Karen opened her mouth to get some useful information from her.