15

Chapter 15 – ‘The Vandal’ Alice Westblood
“—Ah!?”

Riko woke up with a jump.

A dimly lit road. Apparently, Sakura and her friend are gone.

There was no wound on her chest to be found anywhere, only the fresh, beautiful skin peculiar to the girl.

However, she couldn’t forget the pain she received from Sakura and her whole body was drenched with sweat.

“Haa…… Haa….. where…..?”

Looking around, it was like a shopping street.

The city is usually busy, but the residents have evacuated and the area is quiet.

Riko was confused for a while due to unstable memories of before and after, but she finally understood the situation and immediately stood up.

“ts? That’s right, Serra!?”

On the way, she was attacked by a young Undying with a sword and Sakura, but they are nowhere to be found.

However, it is unlikely that they would leave the city immediately. And Sakura said she called all the Undying to this city. In other words, the threat has not yet passed.

She must join Serra as soon as possible.

Recalling the horror and pain she suffered when she was attacked by Sakura, she began to desperately scream Serra’s name and started running, even though her heart went wild and her breathing was in disarray.

“Serra! Serra!! Please, where are you?”

――――But the goddess of fate did not smile so easily.

“Serra, Serra! Where is it, Se ―――― gah?”

“Yes, that’s it. These are dangerous times, so go around screaming people’s names when you get lost. Especially with dangerous people like us on the prowl.”

Shock and pain from behind, Riko falls down.

On her back, someone placed their foot and mercilessly put their weight on it.

“Ei, aaaaaaaah!!”

“Yes, be quiet. Make too much noise, and I’ll kill you.”

Jaki, and a light metallic sound. At the same time, something hard was thrust onto her head.

Riko realized that it was a muzzle and stiffened unintentionally.

The person behind her spoke in a satisfied voice at the reaction.

“Yes, that’s it. Thank you very much. So, do you mind if I ask one question?”

“So, the question …?”

She tries to turn her eyes behind, her voice shaking with fear.

Suddenly, the girl behind brought her lips close to her ear.

Exhaling, the girl asks.

“What’s your relationship with Serra?”

“—! That’s…”

After Serra’s name was mentioned, Riko stopped mumbling.

Perhaps she is acquainted with the name, ‘Serra’, not Celestia Valentine. However, given the current situation, she is definitely an enemy.

Convinced, Riko finally turns around and glares at the person behind her.

There stood a pretty girl with long blonde hair and light blue eyes with a little bit of a childish look.