36

Episode 36 – She was Taught that Faith is ‘Love’
―――― The Waitley family was once a wealthy family with tremendous assets.

Albert Waitey, the eldest son, took over his father’s company, and his management was a great success, and he quickly became a millionaire.

With a lot of money and prestige, he gradually succumbed to his vices, and eventually became dabbled in alcohol, women, gambling and all kinds of snobbery.

Every night, he drinks until he loses his memory, embraces the women he meets in turn, and spends all his money on gambling, believing he would turn the tables. No matter how successful he was, it was clear to everyone that if he continued to live such a corrupt and rotten life, he would fall to the bottom.

As a matter of course, all the high-quality alcohol poured into the glass changed into a cheap beer bottle, and the warmth of the woman who was in the arm changed to a cold and stormy wind, and all the large sums which were sure not to run out turned into a large debt.

The company, of course, went bankrupt, he was abandoned by all his subordinates, even lost the house where there should have been a good meal and a bed to give him peace of mind, and he was lost in despair and after a long period of regret and sorrow, he turned a new leaf.

Then he went to church to confess his mistakes and restart his life. There, he met a nun.

Patricia McBain. She was a beautiful woman with flaxen hair and clear blue eyes.

By chance, the two began to get to know each other, and before long Albert confessed his errors to her. Upon hearing that, Patricia did not get angry but forgave him and they tried to start over together.

Then they got attracted to each other, vowed eternal love, and raised a daughter.

May God bless her, too. With that hope, Patricia gave a name to the baby sleeping in her big, bulging belly.

Cecilia Waitley.

※※※※

Cecilia grew up as a compassionate and religious girl, just like her mother.

She attends church every day, reads the Bible intently, and prays to God. Obedient and caring, she became popular with those around her.

It was her mother’s words that made her become so faithful.

“This world is full of hardships and pains. But God sees it all. So believe in God. Pray. If you do, God will surely help you someday. Believe in God. That is our ‘love’.”

Patricia’s words were still complicated for the young Cecilia, but she listened with a twinkle in her eyes.

The word ‘love’ was one she often heard in picture books and in the Bible. As a child, it was, of course, an emotion she had never had before, but she had a strong longing for that wonderful sounding emotion. If you continue to believe in God, you will awaken to love and be saved. How wonderful it would be!

Cecilia’s face was full of hope. As her mother said, if she believed, love and salvation will surely come to her. Surely this situation will change.

Believing that without doubt, Cecilia became more religious than anyone else in the church.

When Albert married and started a family, the scars that were inflicted on him would not disappear so easily.

Life was poor, he was still in debt, and he was branded a fallen man.

Naturally, the damage extends to his family.

The most painful time of the day for Cecilia.

It was when she went to school.