Interlude 2

Recollection - Little Girl

―――― Even now, I can vividly remember that time.

"Hey, why did Sakura make me?"

In my memory, a young me asked Sakura with a smile.

Innocently. Purely. Without knowing the fate that awaited after this.

"...... That's because this is Sakura's wish."

She bashfully turned away from me.

Whenever she hid her shyness, she made a gesture to play around with her twin-tailed hair.

The gesture was so cute that I loved it.

"Wish?"

"Yes. Maybe it's the nature of a scientist. After all, as a researcher, I want the results of Sakura to spread all over the world. Like, KaBoom!"

"KaBoom?"

Hands evenly spread out, Sakura laughed cheerfully.

"That's it. KaBoom. Sakura wants her creation to be appreciated. I want Sakura's name to be known to the world. I would like to make a big impact on the world through Sakura's research. Such is a universal desire."

Speaking that way, Sakura answered with a shy smile like a child talking about her dream.

I often remember being attracted to her smile.

"Such a thing is universal. I'd be happy to help if I can make Sakura's wish come true. Because to me Sakura is the best!"

"I'm glad, but I don't deserve it."

At my words, Sakura blushed and was scratching her cheeks.

And then, silently, she nuzzled her face into my back and hugged me.

Sakura had a habit of hugging my back when things were embarrassing or she was happy.

And, I also relax my body so as to leave myself to her and share her warmth.

―――― This was the daily life of me and Sakura.

Reading books and research records in Sakura'sroom, gaining knowledge, talking about things I dislike, eating and sleeping together, sometimes pretending to be a girl and going shopping, and leaning on her body at night.

A mundane and happy life.

Until one day, when Sakura will make her wish come true.

Spring passed, summer passed, autumn passed, and winter passed.

Sakura.

Sakura.

※※※※

She Died.

※※※※

"............?"

It was a momentary event.