44

Chapter 44 – Accelerating Madness
──── Three months have passed since then.

Almost every day, a series of terrorist attacks erupted in different parts of the country, the population decreased significantly and the country was in a state of semi-destruction.

Only three girls were responsible for the acts of terrorism. All of them had a mysterious power, and they were forced to give permission to shoot and kill, but for some reason the girls did not die and went around killing the citizens indiscriminately. Eventually, weapons were brought out, but the girls could not be stopped, and the cycle of negativity continued to create even greater casualties among the citizens.

And.

“Hum, hum, hum♪”

This is Warden, the Capital of the Elmerado Military State.

Alice, while humming a tune, arrived at an abandoned house in a corner of the now uninhabited residential area, with a nimble gait.

A large number of paper bags were held in both hands. It’s tonight’s ingredients.

Roughly kicking open the front door, Alice opened her mouth in a good mood.

“I’m home~”

Entering the living room as it is, and into the dim living room with the curtains closed.

At the center was a lone woman chained with handcuffs.

“…… Welcome back.”

There was Olivia glaring at Alice with hatred in her eyes.

※※※※

──── The encounter goes back three months.

News of the death of Karen Dashwood. Olivia learned of it five days after they split up.

An article was published in a large newspaper. According to it, a body believed to be Karen was found in the garden of an empty house in a corner of Rogen. There was evidence of a fight against the culprit due to several stab wounds on her body and a sword missing from her waist sheath, and the army treated it as a ‘martyrdom’ and promoted her to the rank of General in her honor.

Shortly after reading the entire article, Olivia tore the newspaper and threw it away, screaming. She wasn’t Karen’s direct subordinate, but she had watched her back often. She had always admired her. And she knew of her fragility.

She wanted to be supportive. She wanted to be able to stand next to her and stand shoulder to shoulder. Karen had been very depressed after losing Iris, but she had tried her best to reach out to her, and they had even developed a relationship where she could chat with her naturally. She was getting closer with Gillian who she cared for. All of that was taken away by Serra.

“Celestia…”

A grudge was buried in Olivia’s murmur. Recalling her appearance, she turned her gaze of hatred. In that form, the people around her avoid her, but the person in question does not notice, and she moved forward thinking about how she would kill her.

“You said Serra’s name just now, didn’t you?”

“Eh?”

From behind.

A girl’s voice reached her ear, and Olivia looked back as she wondered.

Immediately after that, the sound of continuous shots being fired was heard.

A blonde girl with a creepy stuffed animal was in front of her.

In her right hand, she held a Sub-Machine Gun(S.M.G.).