46

Chapter 46 – ‘The Vampire’ Kirino
──── A month and a half have passed since then.

“Aha”

Serra suddenly burst into laughter in an empty city.

And what she thought, as she pointed the sword at her chest and stabbed it over and over again.

“Haha, Hihihi, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!”

A single thrust was enough to cause a horrible spurt of blood.

But there was no pain, no heat. Just a warm, wet sensation.

Serra continued to stab her heart without a care in the world.

“Ehehe, hihihi, ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! No moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrree!!!!”

Laughing madly, Serra frantically thrust her sword into the air, but when she thought she had thrown it away, she scratched her head and screamed as she cowered in place.

“Why!? Why why!? Why don’t I die!!!???”

She shrunk to tears, and Serra screamed in a frenzy.

As soon as she woke up from the hallucinations, Serra’s mind was at its limit. The days of being overwhelmed by the sense of loss and loneliness caused by Riko’s death continued, and the pain was masked by the pleasures obtained from the killings.

“I can’t do this anymore! More and more, I can’t remember Riko! If I keep living any longer, I’ll forget all about Riko! I can’t stand this!!”

Reaching the ‘critical point’. The intense madness that eroded the mind was finally about to erase Serra’s most cherished deep memories.

Memories with Riko. Her face, voice, smell and feel. All of that has been forgotten, her name and the bracelet on her arm barely linked to her existence.

However, it would only be a matter of time before that connection is severed.

That’s why Serra was about to give up.

She wanted to throw everything away and just die before she forgot about her.

…and yet.

──── Live.

“…… tsu!? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!”

The Promise with Riko. Her wish bound and restrained Serra completely.

Death was not allowed. It was Rico who saved her from trying to commit suicide in the first place. If she gave up everything here and now, it would be a betrayal.

Serra strongly cursed such fate. Serra continued to hate how far she was not allowed to escape and would continue to suffer for as long as possible.

Still, she never regretted her promise to Riko. She couldn’t resent Riko. It was all for Riko. That’s all Serra could stand up for.

“…… I’m sorry for being so distraught, Riko. I have to live, right? It’s too early to give up, isn’t it? I’ll try my best.”

Sera stood up again, wiping her tears and holding her sword.

There was no expression on her face.

“…… That’s why, I must kill.“

Quietly determined.

Just as she stepped forward.

Zakuri.

Five red spears pierced Serra’s torso.