Drake.

1 day before Mexico...

Side note: You guys are just on that lovey-dovey tip. 🥰

Point of View.

I locked the car before walking into the already opened elevator.

"Thank you." I said to the man who was holding it open for me.

I was on my way up to Aubrey's studio to fetch him. I don't know why but he always wanted me to fetch him whenever he was working, and I honestly didn't mind. We've been together for about 6 months now and we've been very private about it, just so we could get to know each other better beyond all the madness.

I guess you could say we were in the honeymoon phase, but calling it a phase was an understatement because we genuinely couldn't get enough of each other.

We finally decided to take our first vacation together and I was pretty excited to spend some time alone with him.

I made it to the floor and walked to the room, immediately being embraced by his friend KC.

"Hello!" He happily said as I smiled at his warm embrace.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked as we broke the hug, walking closer to the booth.

"Good, how are you?" He smiled.

"I'm good, I'm good." I said, failing to contain my smile. Aubrey saw me and smiled back as I waved.

"Look at y'all man, look at black love." KC said, making me blush even more.

"Get outta here," Drake said as he shoved him off. "Hey gorgeous." He hugged me, placing a kiss on my forehead. "You smell good, what is that, Chanel No. 5?"

I loved how he always noticed the little things. How thoroughly he studied me. "Yep, your favorite," he nodded in agreement. "You ready to go?" I asked.

He said goodbye to everyone in the studio and we headed off.

~

"Come on, let's finish packing." I said while getting up from his warm embrace. He just wanted to chill once we got home, forgetting that we had a plane to catch the next morning.

"We can pack later... come here," he tightened his grip on my forearm, smirking a little bit. "Come here."

"No..." I playfully whined. "Let's finish packing first." I said, finally walking to the closet.

"I love you..." Drake said, more to himself.

.

.

.

The couple got out of the Benz truck as they made their way to the jet. They were welcomed with some champagne as they made their way to their seats. They sat opposite each other and Y/N let out a deep breath.

"You've been staring at me since we left the house, what is it?" She said, noticing the heavy glares she'd been receiving from her man.

A smirk appeared on his face. "Nothing."

"Nothing? Seems like there's something on your chest to me..." she said.

Drake sat up straight. "I have something very important to tell you... but you'll hear it later."

Now that he'd said what he needed to, Y/N was left with an anxious knot in her stomach, wishing she hadn't asked.

.

.

.

The couple had arrived a few hours prior and were settled. Drake decided to surprise Y/N with a little spa treatment while he prepared his surprise.

"Aubrey!" Y/N yelled as she walked into their suite after a long day of shopping. "Babe?" She said.

She paused in her tracks after seeing another gift bag on the chair.

If you adore her, Dior her.

She smiled at the note before opening the gift bag. Perfume and a handbag.

She followed the white rose trail that led to their balcony, and was stunned by the beautiful setting. She gasped as she took the sight in.

"All this for me..." she said to herself.

"Because you are worth it." He came from behind her, placing the necklace around her neck. She looked at it as Drake gently turned her to face him. "I've been looking for the right words, the right moment to say this. I know we've only bee together for a few months but you've made me the happiest version of myself I've ever been, and for that... I love you Y/N. I love you."

It may have seemed like it wasn't a big deal but those words coming from him meant everything to Y/N. All her worries went away because she thought he'd say otherwise.

"I love you too Aubrey. And thank you for—"

"Don't mention it baby, now that we got that out of the way," he nervously laughed, making Y/N chuckle. "Let's enjoy the rest of our vacation."

~

So sorry for the inconsistency. There's more coming up! 🤍