Jordan Poole.

Y/N.

I was at an event that my publicist friend Kyra invited me to. They were celebrating one of the many sponsors that the Golden State Warriors had just gotten, and even though I had a well established Marketing career, I didn't see why she invited me here. All I ever saw in these ball players was flexing, spending recklessly and changing girls like underwear. They were all the same to me.

"Would you get out of your head and enjoy yourself? Let loose girl. Maybe leave with one of these men because I know it's been a while for you." Kyra sassed as I shook my head at her foolishness. I kept playing with my wine glass and she'd look around constantly. She was probably scouting for more NBA players to represent. "But be honest though, see him looking at you over there?" She said in my ear as I caught the man's gaze before shyly looking away. "He's cute right. Just say the word and I can hook you two up." Kyra said as I chuckled.

Obviously she was talking about the one and only Jordan Poole. I've seen him in my DMs a couple times but like I said, all these ball players are the same to me. "Girl, bye. I'm only here because you needed a date, and a little networking always goes a long way." I said as she rolled her eyes. "What, you're here for work so why can't I be?" I asked her as her demeanor quickly changed to one of excitement as the man we were gossiping about walked towards us.

"Ladies," he warmly greeted Kyra, as they had met before. "If it ain't Mr Poole himself, this is my friend Y/N..." Kyra trailed off as she sipped on her drink nosily.

I smiled small as I shook his hand and he decided not to let go. "Y/N... I don't think we've properly met."

Kyra excused herself, leaving me with Jordan. I studied his outfit, getting a whiff of his strong cologne. "If DMs don't count, then no." I pettily said, making him laugh.

"So you've seen me in there huh? May I ask why you've never responded?" He curiously asked but of course I paid him no mind.

"I mean... your DMs are probably flooding with a bunch of Instagram baddies so why would my response be necessary?" I asked as he pretended to be hurt.

"It would be necessary because I'm trying to take your fine ass out to dinner some time..." he flirted as his hand brushed his chin.

"Is that right?" I smirked. "Dinner only?"

He laughed nervously, seeming unsure about my question, "You're either trying to make other plans, which I'm down for, or you think I'm a typical athlete."

"The latter." I said as I stood up.

"Okay wait, can I at least get your number?" He asked as he stopped me.

"See if you can find Kyra and ask her." I winked at him before walking off. He shook his head in disbelief, but clearly wouldn't give up.

~

After a bit of a break, I think I'm ready to get back into it again. Thank you guys for continuing to read and vote. 🫶🏽 please let me know if you'd like a part 2... 👀