Keith Powers.

"W-what room is he in?" Y/N asked in between shaky breaths as she tried calming herself down between the silent sobs. She'd received the worst call of her life about her best friend's car accident. She couldn't get herself to ask how he was, if he was okay.

"Room 105 down the hall." The nurse gently said as she led Y/N to the door before walking off. To her surprise, Keith was wide awake and fidgeting on the bed. Without saying much, he looked up at Y/N, his face somewhat lighting up. "Keith... hey," Y/N's voice cracked as she tightly squeezed his hand. She studied his face, looking at the stitched up cuts and bruises, but quickly noticed that he'd been crying. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I need to get out of here..." he lowly replied. His breathing started heaving before he started crying soon after. "I need to find out who did this, they wanted to kill Mike, they wanted-"

Y/N persisted in calming him down as he tried taking the drips out of his arm, making her panic. "What?! Kill who? You were with Mike?" She asked, referring to his driver. "Keith, wait! You can't just up and leave, you're hurt!" She pleaded with him, firmly placing her hands on his bare chest, trying to keep him still. "Nurse!" She yelled as a nurse and a doctor quickly rushed in to calm him down. They reinserted the drips and sedated him as he slowly got drowsy, falling into a deep sleep.

"Doc, what is going on?" Y/N anxiously asked.

"You must be Y/N," he shook her hand. "I'm Doctor Bridges. You were on the list of his next of kins. Keith and Mike Kelce were involved in a hit and run. Mr Powers suffered minor head and body injuries. He might experience some trauma but it's nothing therapy, good rest and exercise can't fix..." he said as he would exchange looks between his clipboard and Y/N.

"And what about Mike? Where is he, his family, is he okay...?" Y/N muttered quickly, sensing some nervousness from the doctor who managed to keep calm.

"Mr Mike Kelce has no family on record, he unfortunately fractured his rib cage and... he's on life support," Doctor Bridges said. Y/N held her hands to her face in shock. She didn't know Mike really well other than the fact that he was Keith's personal driver and good friend, so she knew that this would break him. "He was driving after all. We had a detective come in to ask Mr Powers a few questions and from what I heard, it seems like someone deliberately wanted to hurt them, especially Mr Kelce." Dr Bridges went on as Y/N took all the information in, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I know it's a lot to take in, and you can come visit anytime. For now, I suggest you let Mr Powers rest and we'll work on contacting someone from Mr Kelce's family." He said with a smile smile before giving Y/N a gentle pat.

"Okay Doc, thank you."

.

.

.

2 days later...

Y/N continuously tapped her foot on the floor as she stared out the big window, waiting for the nurse to finish Keith's checkups.

"I promise you I'm okay, I hate it when you're stressed." Keith softly muttered as he cleared the rasp in his voice.

If anything, Y/N was worried about what she had to tell Keith about Mike.

"There's... there's something you need to know," she looked back at him before walking to sit on the chair alongside his bed. His face scrunched. "I don't know how to tell you this..."

Ad far as he was concerned, Mike was critical but stable and he was about to get discharged today, so bad news was the last thing on his mind. "What's up?" He said.

"Mike's mother is here and... there's something she needs you to do for her," she anxiously said. "Do you think you're fit enough to go there?"

He gave Y/N a long stare, not wanting to think of anything negative. He quickly agreed as Y/N helped him settle with his crutches before they walked over to Mike's room. Keith's temper started rising as he saw Mrs Kelce. Her demeanor said it all.

"Mrs K," he slowly limped to her as they warmly embraced each other. "How are you holding up?"

"I've been better," she said before a long pause as tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sure the doctors have informed you about Mike's condition and... I've decided to let my baby go in peace-"

"No. No. No..." Keith shook his head in disbelief nearly breaking down. His eyes turned bloodshot.

Y/N just stood in the corner and silently sobbed. There was so much pain in the room.

"He's not gonna make it, baby..." Mrs Kelce said as she cried with Keith. "We need to switch the machines off. It's what he would've wanted." She cried as she rubbed Keith's back.

"I can help you with the fees, the investigation just started, we can find out who did this Mama, please..." he pleaded with her.

"It's not about that. He's already had two failed surgeries. You and Michael deserve justice but he deserves peace right now baby. Please." She said in between her cries.

Y/N walked towards them to comfort them as Doctor Bridges came in. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Mr Powers. You can take all the time you need." He assured them.

Keith stared at his friend, studying everything about him. It hurt him how lifeless he looked. After what seemed like forever, Mrs Kelce spoke up, "I think it's time baby..."

Keith sobbed uncontrollably as his hand traced Mike's shoulder. "I love you, brother. You'll get y- your justice."

With that said, he turned the plugs off, causing Mrs Kelce to cry loudly.

❤️‍🩹.