Keith Powers.

Point of View.

"Mom, I'm literally standing in the line. It goes all the way down the street."

"How long are you gonna take?"

"I'll call you when I get it. Love you, bye!" I quickly hung up on my overzealous mother.

I was standing in a Christmas tree line. Yes, a Christmas tree. My perfectionist of a mother demanded her annual spruce tree and this year was my turn to get it. I had absolutely no interest in being here, if anything, all I wanted to do was hop into my Santa Claus pajamas and watch Christmas movies in my bed all day, but that clearly didn't come into fruition...

The line was moving really slow so I put my AirPods in and blasted some Aminé to pass the time.

"Wonderful day today, isn't it?" A tall light skin man with freckles said to me, but I clearly paid him no mind.

"A simple 'yes' would do, you know..." he went on. I glared at him for a few seconds before looking away and bopping my head again.

"So what kind of food are you whipping up tomorrow? Or are you the type that prepares on Christmas Eve? Merry Christmas Eve by the way." He went on.

He had on a beige coat, black turtleneck and jeans with a classic Burberry scarf and he smelled divine, but I wasn't here for that...

"Do you talk this much to strangers? I could be a serial killer for all you know." I said as I took one AirPod out, crossing my arms at the stagnant line. He clearly wasn't going to stop talking.

He was initially behind me but stood next to me to pursue his small talk.

"You're too pretty to be a serial killer and, serial killers don't stand in long lines for Christmas trees." He joked, making me chuckle a bit.

"So not only do you go around talking to strangers, you also throw compliments around. Corny." I said.

He chuckled at my comment. "What? I literally greeted everyone else before you. Not that you'd noticed though, because you're busy being mean."

I smiled. "I'm being mean? Maybe you're being overly nice."

"I guess I am, because I made you smile, you-"

"Finally," I cut him off as the security guard let the next batch of people in, me being the cut off. "Bye!"

"Didn't get your... name."

.

.

.

"Yes, you can leave it right here, thank you." I said, letting out a heavy sigh as the gentlemen left.

"Y/N, come peel these potatoes, the boys will take care of that tree!" My mom yelled, referring to my brothers who weren't even here yet.

"Ma, just give me a second please!" I replied with agitation, as usual.

Just as I was picking up the remaining branches of the tree, my phone started blowing up. Countless messages from Twitter.

I opened the app and headed to the notifications and my eyes grew wide at all the mentions.

@KeithTPowers tweeted: Met this wonderful lady in a long line today and I didn't get her name, but here's a pic that was taken by the store manager and she's standing right next to me. Twitter do your thang. 🙏🏽😭

My notifications were all filled with my friends and a bunch of other people tagging me. I couldn't help but smile. I was so preoccupied that I'd even forgotten to tell him my name or get his, so I quoted his tweet and wrote:

That's me!! 😆

He instantly replied in my DMs asking if we could meet at the coffee shop nearby, since he was in town, so I grabbed my coat and keys.

"I'll be back, Ma!" I said before rushing out.

~

"Why am I actually surprised that you showed up?" He asked with a small smirk, causing me to playfully roll my eyes.

"Maybe, just maybe, I might hear you out." I said, still standing.

"I just wanted to apologize for the way I came across. It gets kinda lonely when you have no one around." He said.

I scrunched my face up and sat in the chair opposite him, wanting to hear him out. "You're alone at this time of the year?"

"Well, not like that. It's just that I'm filming so I don't really have anyone to spend time with this side, so sorry if I came across as annoying." He let out a nervous laugh.

"Well I'm sorry for lashing out too, my mom was just sending me up and down. You can... come over for Christmas tomorrow, if you want to." I smiled.

"Really?" He replied as his eyes nearly lit up.

"Yes. The more the merrier for my family," I said as we laughed. "I'll send you the location." I said.

"I would love that."

We locked eyes for a few seconds and I shyly looked away with a smile.

"I'm Keith by the way, didn't get to formerly introduce myself before you ran off."

I mentally facepalmed myself, shaking my head with my eyes closed. "I'm Y/N... and you can stop reminding me of how much of an ass I was." I said.

"Coffee?" He offered.

"I would love that."