Dave East O2.

Next day...

"He's at the door, I'll be right back!" Y/N excitedly said as she put the wash rag on the counter.

"Nah, I'm right behind you..." Dave trailed behind her like a lost puppy.

"Dominique, hello! Welcome!" Y/N replied all smiles but the poor boy's smile faded once he saw Dave, who was resting on the door frame.

"Uh... good afternoon Mr and Mrs Brewster."

"Please don't mind my husband over here, come in baby. Would you like some water, juice?"

"No thank you ma'am, I'm-"

"I just want to know what time you're bringing my baby back. I hope you don't have any funny tricks up your sleeve, because I've got-" Dave got cut off by Y/N nudging his arm followed by a glare.

"Dominique," Kyndall appeared shortly behind her parents, easing the tension Dominique had been drowning in. "I'm glad you're here," she leaned in for a hug but her dad interrupted again.

"Don't push it, lil mama. There will no touching here or at that little skate place!" Dave said, making Y/N laugh a little.

Kyndall rolled her eyes as they headed for the door. "We're headed out, and please don't call me, I'll call you." Kyndall said especially to her father.

Dominique let her out the house first then closed the door. "Wow," he nervously chuckled.

Kyndall laughed, "I'm sorry, they're quite a handful... or two."

.

.

.

"I have an idea." Dave said as he looked up from the movie. Y/N sat up from his arm and gave him that 'here we go again' look.

"Hear me out... let's crash their date-"

"No! No, baby that's crazy! Our daughter would never forgive us for that. It's already bad enough that you were on the boy's neck." Y/N laughed unbelievably at her husband who was never short of some drama. She laughed harder when she noticed his seriousness.

"It's not that I don't trust Kyn, I just don't trust that boy. He has this look in his eyes, man..." he kissed his teeth.

~

To cut everything short, Y/N found herself falling for Dave's plan. Her nosiness always got the better of her, and it was harmless fun anyway. They made it to the skate rink and got their skates. To top things off, Miles and Kyle were in on it too.

On the other hand, Kyndall and Dominique had gotten off the rink to get some snacks. They sat at a booth nearby and Dominique thought it would be the perfect time to confess his feelings.

"Kay, you know we've been hanging out for some time now. I really like you, even though I'm scared of your pops," he paused as they laughed. "but I think you're so cool, funny, smart and beautiful, inside and out." He said as she smiled from ear to ear.

"I guess what I'm saying is... will you be my girlfriend?" He nervously asked, failing to contain his smile.

"Yes, of course!" Kyndall said as she hugged him.

They awkwardly locked eyes and Dominique leaned in to seal the deal, only to be stopped by the sudden music change. Before I Let Go by Maze and Frankie Beverly blasted through the rink and they were forced to look at all the people running back to skate. They got out the booth to go see for themselves and Kyndall's eyes grew wide.

"Oh my goodness," she sighed as she rubbed her head. Her crazy family's shenanigans was something she could never get used to. Miles Tootsie Rolling, Kyle skating backwards and her parents skating hand in hand, with Dave guiding Y/N as he skated side to side. Everyone was jamming along as the classic played, and of course Dave had something to do with it.

Dominique laughed, "Your family is lit man, I'm not gonna lie."

"How's it going, sis?!" Miles yelled as Kyndall couldn't help but laugh at them. They could all skate but she found this whole crash silly.

She ended up joining them with Dominique and couldn't even get mad anymore.

"I know you had something to do with this!" Kyndall punched her dad's arm as he played dumb.

"Me? Couldn't have been me..." he teased as she and Y/N giggled.

"Dominique and I were about to kiss and you conveniently show up with your wife and kids?" Kyndall questioned, making her dad pull her into a little hug, skating along with her.

"Took a lot for me to allow my only princess to go on a date with a boy, ain't no way I was going to let him put his nasty lips on-"

"David!" Y/N warned.

"What? She's my baby girl..." he pouted, still refusing to let Kyndall go.

"Who's clearly no longer a baby, just let her be Pops," Kyle said. "Dominique already knows he has three pairs of ass whooping if he touches a single hair on her head!" Kyle said, making all of them laugh. Dominique raised his hands up in surrender.

"Welcome to the family, D-money!" Miles said as they shared a laugh.

Kyndall was beyond embarrassed but wouldn't trade her family for the world. 💓

~

I hope you enjoyed it! 💓