Brett Gray.

Your Point of View.

I let out a sigh of relief as I got my bag to head home. I loved my job but being a nurse was exhausting, to say the least. Helping people is something I'm truly passionate about but the hours were horrific. I scrolled through my phone as I stood in the elevator, waiting for it to get to my floor. A text from my best friend Brett appeared just as I was about to tell him I'm done. He'd been sweet enough to fetch me after my long shifts for the past weeks.

B for Brett. 🫶🏽
Let me know when you come out because I'm outside in a different car, and you better not laugh girl!

I chuckled to myself at the comedian I called my best friend. Nothing was off limits with him, he could've came to the hospital in a motorbike for all I knew.

Me
Better not be no mom mobile, Miss Daisy driving head ass...

I finally got to the main floor and walked out as I dialled his number. My mouth dropped to the floor as I watched him struggle to get out the car. I couldn't help but bust into a laughing frenzy.

"Boy, you came to fetch me at my place of work in a damn Smart Car?!" I screamed, failing to contain myself.

He scratched his head and let out a laugh of embarrassment, "After I asked you not to laugh and this is how you repay me? Shut up and get in the car!" He pointed at the small vehicle.

At this point I was cry-laughing and felt myself get weaker and weaker with every word he said.

"Hold on," I said as I caught my breath and wiped my tears. "I'm not doing this, I'll catch an Uber!"

He laughed hysterically as he took my bag out of my hand to put it in the tiny backseat, "Y/N get in, damn it!" He yelled.

By now people must've thought we were retarded; just two Black people running away from each other each time they laughed. I eventually walked to the car and squeezed myself inside as Brett buckled himself up.

"The hell you buckling yourself up for, it's not like that seatbelt is going to save you from crashing into the windscreen that's already in your face!" I teased as the laughing and squabbles commenced again. "Where's your car?"

"In for servicing. I might keep this Smart Car with all these maintenance costs, y'all better stop playing with me!" He said as we drove off.

"Man, you look like Dr Doofenshmirtz, hunch back having ass!" I said. He looked me, attempting to be serious as I stared back until our ugly laughs came out.

"I know yo crusty ass isn't saying anything, out here looking like a damn wash rag in those scrubs!" He roasted back as I died of laughter again.

The thing with me and Brett, we'd laugh until our stomachs hurt or roast each other until we ended up fighting. He made the hefty work days a lot lighter for me and that's why I adored him so much. I ended up running errands with him, seeing that he had a bunch of packages to drop off, then we got some food.

.

.

.

Next day...

"See, this is why I don't buy snacks from the streets," Brett shook his head as he read the back of the sweet packet. "Watermelon... are you sure? Am I the only one feeling funny right now?" He questioned as Y/N finished paying and got their tickets. On this fine Saturday morning, they had decided to go to a haunted/scary house.

"I don't know what those were but they sure were bussin'." Y/N said as she finished the last of the gummy like sweet.

They walked through the entrance and Y/N felt an instant, but hilarious rush of paranoia.

"Man, you are not gonna believe this, oh my..." Brett laughed loudly as he shook his head in disbelief. "These are edibles. We just got into a haunted house... on some edibles that are about to kick in any minute!" He yelled, feeling like his head was spinning.

Y/N giggled, "Why are you talking so loud? Can you see me? It's getting really dark..." she said as she looked around. The building was completely dark, other than the light red LED lights.

Then, out of nowhere, a scarecrow popped up, making them scream hilariously. Y/N held onto Brett's forearm as he laughed hard. The fact that it was almost empty and that you couldn't turn back to leave the house made the situation funnier and creepier for the two friends.

The sound effects blasted out of nowhere, making Y/N run up and down like a maniac. She gripped her hair as she laughed. "Make it stop," she screamed again in disbelief. "Make it stop!"

Brett on the other hand was sitting flat on the floor, laughing at Y/N's reaction to the edibles and the scary things that would pop up, but he shot up extremely fast when a live clown came around the corner and started chasing them. They ended up running and again, Y/N bursted into tears of laughter, feeling like she was going crazy as Brett dragged her to run faster.

"I'm too high for this shit man!" He said as they continued running.

It took them about ten minutes to find the exit but it was nothing short of a crazy, hilarious and scary experience all wrapped in one. At some point they ended up running from each other because they were so high and started seeing things.

~

"We are never doing that again!" Brett said as they sat on the bench outside, recapping the whole experience, unsure weather the edibles had worn off or not.

"If you're talking about the Smart Car then we can agree on that!" Y/N teased as they laughed.

Brett got a call saying his car was ready and as if the day couldn't get crazier, the car got stuck in the middle of traffic and they had to tow it back to the dealership.

~

Thank you for reading (and sorry for any errors), I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Been feeling the wholesome storytelling vibe lately. Let me know what y'all think! 😂💓