Odell Beckham Jr.

"I should charge you for overtime. I told you I'd come back tomorrow to finish fixing your stupid air conditioner and you didn't listen lady!"

"Overtime? You came here 20 minutes late anyway, if anything, I shouldn't pay at all!" Y/N yelled back.

She was going back and forth with the repair contractor over her air conditioner that wasn't working. She had replaced it less than a month ago and it was already giving her issues. The man who was meant to fix it probably made it worse, and the humid weather wasn't helping.

"You've definitely earned yourself a bad review on your website sir!" She yelled as she packed away some of the tools she had.

"Couldn't even bring your own tools... damn it." Y/N continued mumbling under her breath.

"Who's got you so heated up on this already hot summer day?"

She looked back. It was her neighbor Odell. He stayed a couple doors away from her, and although they'd always seen and casually greeted each other, she didn't know he was this good looking.

"If it's not my amazing repair man..." she replied sarcastically, making him chuckle. He put his phone in his pocket and helped Y/N with the toolbox.

"Thanks." She said.

"I don't think I've formally introduced myself, I'm Odell." He kindly said as he reached his hand out to hers.

"I'm Y/N. Nice to officially meet you." They shared a chuckle.

Her small smile quickly faded as she remembered her air conditioner still hadn't been fixed.

"I could check it out for you, if it's not a problem..." Odell said, sensing her agitation.

"That would be great! Can you do it now... if you're not busy of course?"

"Yeah, sure. Let me just change into some shorts, be right back."

"Alright."

~

30 minutes later, Y/N was uncontrollably fanning herself with a piece of cardboard. At this point, she was unsure if it was still from the heat... or Odell's shirtless back flexing every now and then. Being the kind and polite man he was, he asked to take his plain white tee off because of the heat.

"You know, it would be really awkward if your girl walked in on you like this." Y/N finally cracked the silence, not that it was awkward though.

He looked back at her, "what makes you think I have a girl? What would be awkward is your man walking in..." he teased back, making her smile.

"Oh no, I'm good off men, at least for now." She confessed.

"Why is that?" He asked as he constantly shared his attention between Y/N and the air conditioner.

"They're dogs... sorry not sorry." She smacked her lips.

"Well... maybe you haven't met the right one yet." He softly said as he looked at at the air conditioner, leaving her wondering.