Dave East.

OMNISCIENT.

"Ma, can you hear me?" Dave's voice boomed through the Rolls Royce Cullinan as Y/N silently listened while in the passenger seat.

"Boy, are you talking to me while driving? The network is bad baby—"

"No Ma, it's hands free— never mind. I just wanted to let you know we're on our way."

The network really wasn't bad, Dave's mother just seemed a little too occupied, which made sense to him because he was going to formally introduce Y/N as his girlfriend over dinner.

Y/N chuckled at the fact that she hung up before he could get his words through.

"You've been quiet this whole ride. You good?" Dave asked as he gently gripped her thigh.

Y/N let out a sigh of hesitation, "Of course not, I'm extremely nervous Dave."

"Relax mamas. I told you I'd protect you at all costs and I'm certain my parents are going to love you." He assured his nervous girlfriend.

She reached for his hand and intertwined it with hers. It always made her feel better. He placed a few pecks on her hand.

~

"You ready?" He asked as he opened the door for Y/N.

They were in the driveway as the big moment awaited them. They walked hand in hand to the door and knocked.

The door swung open, revealing Dave's mom, who seemed to be caught by surprise.

"David? What are you doing here?" She asked, almost as if she was hesitant on letting them in.

"Ma, I told you I wanted you guys to meet a special someone. We were literally speaking over the phone."

"Come back another time, I—"

"Don't mind her. Hey son," Dave's father interrupted before pulling him into a warm embrace. "And you must be the wonderful Y/N, bring it in!" He pulled Y/N into a hug as well, instantly making her feel welcomed.

"Thank you for inviting me into your beautiful home. So lovely to meet you." Y/N expressed, but Dave's mother wasn't having it.

All she did was glare at her and keep quiet.

"Ma... did you forget about this or something? Seems like you weren't expecting us."

"It's just that I invited someone else for dinner, I must've mixed the dates up." She said as they all walked into the dining room.

Y/N being the respectful individual that she was, offered to help. "May I help you with those?"

"I'll manage." She quickly replied as she finished polishing the last cutlery set. "And y'all should sit down." She said before walking into the kitchen.

"She hates me." Y/N muttered as they settled.

Dave shook his head, lightly disappointed by his mother's behavior.