Trey Songz.

"I wanna come over this weekend, is it cool?"

"You know you don't need to ask baby girl, this is your home. Should I come fetch you?" Trey said as he pulled over to the store. Y/N had sent him to get a few things.

Today, Rue, Trey's 15 year old daughter would be staying for the weekend with him and Y/N. She had met Y/N a few times but this would be the first time they cohabited and got to spend more than a few minutes together.

"Yeah, I'd love that."

"Alright, baby. I'll be there in a few."

"Okay, love you."

"I love you too, Nugget." Trey said as Rue smacked her lips playfully before hanging up, causing him to chuckle.

~

Trey opened the door for Rue to get in. He noticed something was off about her when she'd stay silent for a good while after the small talk. He wanted to sit her down and hear how she was feeling, or whether she had digested her father being with another woman.

"Tremaine, I sent you to the store, with a list, and you still took forever, what took- oh," Y/N quickly wiped her hands with a dry washcloth once a small smile appeared on Rue's face.

"Hey Rue." She happily said, unsure if she should've hugged her.

"Hey." She waved awkwardly before silently looking around the house again.

"Hey, uh... why don't you go get settled, and I'll call you down once dinner's ready." Trey said as he pulled her into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm making my classic shrimp pasta!" Y/N said with her smile.

A smile that quickly faded away when she saw Rue glare at her father.

"I... don't eat seafood. Allergies." She dryly said, with the disappointment evident in her voice.

"Oh! I forgot about that baby girl, I'm sorry." Trey's face softened.

"No worries, I'll make something else for you. You like steak?" Y/N suggested with her hands on the counter.

Rue shrugged before walking off, making Trey heavily sigh.

"She hates me. She hates me Tremaine." Y/N stated.

"She'll come around..." Trey replied.

.

.

.

The three were sitting on the dinner table, and Y/N and Trey were enjoying their food, but Rue had been picking at it the whole time.

"Rue baby, are you okay?" Y/N asked as she turned to face her.

"This steak is medium rare. I have mine well done."

Y/N's face furrowed, "I'm sorry, I should've asked. Your father usually has his medium rare, and-"

"I'm not my dad, and there's a whole lot you should be apologising for than this stupid steak!" Rue snapped, finally glaring at Y/N.

"There's no way I'm going to allow you to talk to Y/N like that! Apologize right now!" Trey scolded his daughter, who now had teary eyes.

"Me? When she's the one who broke up our family—"

"Broke up your family? Rue I have been nothing but nice to you, I try so hard to please you and make sure you're okay—"

Rue stood up from her seat, "I'll never be okay because you came right along and stole my dad from my mom, that's why I'll never be okay!" She yelled before running up the stairs.

Y/N, who was beyond boggled, stayed put in her chair, feeling crushed.

"I'm sorry baby, let me go talk to her." Trey said as he kissed her hand. "Are you okay?"

Y/N shook her head as a tear fell down. "She needs you right now. Go talk to her."

Trey whispered "alright" before walking up.

~

He knocked on Rue's door before walking in. She was sitting on her bed, staring out the big window.

"Hey, Nugget." Trey teased as he sat next to her.

"Don't call me that." Rue said. Her tears had stopped but she was still sad.

"Why did you say all those horrible things to Y/N, you know that's not how I raised you. Is she the reason you've been mopey lately?" Tremaine calmly questioned.

Rue sighed before looking up at her father, "Mom says she's the reason you and her got divorced. You left her for Y/N, dad!"

"Things between your mother and I were already ruined way before Y/N was in the picture. You know how your mother is, she'll manipulate you to get back at me any time, Rue!"

"I know! I just hate that things between you and Y/N are so perfect, when it could have been you and mom." She finally admitted.

Trey held his daughter's hand. "Baby girl, please giver her a chance. You've been around her a couple of times, she's a really good woman."

After what seemed like a long pause, she spoke up, "You're right, I'm sorry. And she smells sooo good. You think she'll tell me... after I've been so bitchy-"

"Hey!" Trey warned, making Rue chuckle.

"Sorry, after I've been so terrible to her?" She corrected, making Trey laugh a little.

"That's something you'll have to find out by yourself. Let's go," he took her hand into his.

They walked back down the stairs to where Y/N was.

"Babe... miss Rue has a few things to say..." Trey said, gawking at his daughter.

Rue gawked back as if she wasn't going to say anything. It was until her father raised an eyebrow where she nervously chuckled and spoke up, "Uhm, Ms Y/N, I just wanted to apologize for my behavior. I'm just going through a lot and I shouldn't have taken it out on you, it was uncalled for and... I'm sorry." She genuinely said.

Y/N smiled a bit, opening her arms to pull Rue into a hug, which she gladly accepted. "It's okay baby. I wouldn't want to replace your mother. I'm just glad we're cool."

"We'll be cool once you tell me what perfume that is, because girl..." Rue dragged the word, resulting in a light laughter from everyone.

~

I hope you enjoyed it! ❤️ More updates coming up!