Jalen Green.

Read until the end. 🤣

~

Jalen.
Hey you. 💘

Y/N brushed her floured hands off her apron before picking up her phone after the loud ding. She rolled her eyes at the name that popped up on her screen.

Y/N
May I help you?

Jalen.
That ain't no way to greet an old friend lol. How are you doing mama?

Y/N
What do you want Jalen?

Jalen.
You down for some golf tonight? I can pick you up.

Y/N
I'll think about it... and I can get myself anywhere I need to be, thank you very much.

Jalen.
Still got an attitude huh? Don't take too long though, for real. I was hoping we could talk as well.

Y/N
Yeah, whatever.

Jalen sent Y/N the location and she opened the message before carrying on her baking. She had a few orders to finish for her small business.

Later that day...

Y/N walked up the stairs to the spot they would be using and looked around for Jalen before spotting him sitting while looking at his phone. She awkwardly cleared her throat and he looked up and put his phone in his pocket.

"Hey pretty." He flirted as she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Hey." She simply said before putting her purse down.

"So I'm not going to get a hug?" He chuckled with his arms open for an embrace.

Y/N shrugged before hugging him.

"Why did you come if you're going to be mopey?" He asked.

"I kinda want to hear what you have to say, you know, making me catch feelings then ghosting me..." she said as he scratched his head, doing that little stretch guys liked doing.

"That's what I wanted to talk about too. I just think we misunderstood each other. I wasn't ghosting you, I felt like the energy changed between us so I decided to give you some space." He spoke honestly.

Their game was about to start and Y/N scoffed, "Ever heard of communicating? That thing two consenting adults do to avoid conflict?" She sassed him.

"Yeah well it takes two to communicate and it wouldn't have worked if I was doing it alone." He fired back, making Y/N let out a dry chuckle.

"Touché. I'll just have to prove my point by beating your ass." She said as he laughed.

"And what do I get if I win?" He smirked as he watched her hit the ball.

"Who said you're gonna win?" Y/N did a little dance after checking the scoreboard.

"I have to win, because if I win, I want you to come on a trip with me..." he finally said as he played his turn.

Y/N raised a brow, unsure whether she was flattered or being used.

"Why would you want me, someone you haven't spoken to in months, to come with you on a trip? Where to anyway?" She asked.