Jalen Green O3.

"Amina!"

"Amina!"

Amina slightly shook out of her trance. Of course she had just imagined her best friend kissing her crush (Author's note: y'all know that thing that happens in the movies...) when in actuality Y/N had dropped her book and all Jalen did was help her carry some of her stuff.

"You look... bothered, are you okay?" Y/N asked with her hand on Amina's shoulder.

"Yeah," she stared at both of them. "Yeah."

"I bumped into Y/N while I was on the phone and I thought she should just join us, you're cool with that, right?" Jalen asked as they walked out of the building to where they had been sitting.

"Of course, let's go!" Anima let out a sigh of relief.

Okay... here's how it went down: When Y/N looked at her phone to find that Jalen was the one messaging her back at the library, she waited for Amina to head out before replying back to him.

Okay... I guess we can give things a shot.

Jalen was quick to send his response back.

I know you said your friend likes me but it can't hurt to try. Meet me on the third floor corridor? 😏

Her curiosity got the best of her and she went to the corridor where Jalen had been waiting... and the rest is history.

~

The group was indulging in a game of spin the bottle and things nearly got messy when the bottle landed on Amina, who had been sitting alongside Jalen, and his friend Keith.

"Ooh," Jalen teased as he playfully nudged her shoulder while Y/N smiled awkwardly. She wasn't really into the game and she was trying to escape his stares. She was messing around with her best friend's crush after all so she felt bad for even being here.

"Y'all know what that means right?" Hayley stood up in excitement.

"You might wanna repeat the dare for my friend Amina right here..." Jalen said in between chuckles, throwing Amina off with with the whole friend zone act.

"The bottle's on you and Brayden so y'all gotta kiss!" Hayley said while smiling like a kid.

"Uhm, no! We're not doing that." Amina firmly declined.

While she was going back and forth with Hayley and Keith, Jalen put his leg on Y/N's lap, making her gasp. He was definitely enjoying the whole sneaking around thing.

"Or am I wrong Y/N?" Anima looked to Y/N in defence. "Y/N?"

"Huh?" She quickly responded before shoving Jalen's leg off of her. Everyone would tell something was up by the way Jalen was looking at her but not enough to figure out what had been going on.

.

.

.

A few days later...

"Jalen stop, literally anyone can walk in on us! You're not even supposed to be in here!" Y/N said above whispers as the two kept caressing each other, both being unable to contain their smiles. They had a few minutes before class started so she snuck him into the ladies' room and they failed miserably at keeping their hands off each other.

"Can I come over again tonight...?" He softly questioned as he kissed along her jawline.

"We honestly can't keep doing this. Amina's my friend..." she said with her hands on his chest.

"You gon' keep singing that song until you figure out what you want. For now, I just wanna keep..." he whispered in her ear, making her giggle loudly but her smile quickly faded once she heard footsteps, making her shove Jalen inside one of the bathroom stalls. She walked closer to the mirror and reapplied her gloss and fixed hair.

Amina walked into an empty stall to use the bathroom before coming out and standing alongside Y/N quickly after.

"... So we're no longer greeting each other now?" Y/N ended the awkward silence. That's how things between them had been ever since the board game situation.

"You look like my best friend but I'm not really sure what you did to her." Amina replied sourly.

"Can you at least tell me what the problem is if you're gonna be like this towards me?" Y/N crossed her arms and faced her.

"Oh... I don't know. Maybe the fact that you just left me hanging after I asked you to come with me but when Jalen miraculously shows up and asks you to hang, all of a sudden you want to?" Amina replied as her attitude got more and more viscous with each word.

Y/N flared her nose a bit but refused to give into the guilt, "I thought I was doing you a favor."

"Okay, let's leave that. When I was dared to kiss Brayden and I asked you for backup you literally didn't defend me. You're literally the only person who knows how much I like the guy but you didn't even have my back!"

Meanwhile, Jalen was awkwardly sitting on the toilet seat, listening to the two friends practically fight over him. He started feeling bad but knew coming out would make things worse.

Y/N's attitude also took a slight turn for the worst, "You know what Amina, I am tired of tiptoeing around you! Every time you talk about Jalen I'm forced to listen, I'm the one giving you advice, hell, I'm the one who spoke to him for you! So for you to accuse me of being a bad friend is really shallow!"

Amina put her bag down, "You're my friend and if my confiding in you can't work then maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore, and I don't even get why you're getting mad over this when I'm the one who likes him!" She yelled, causing Y/N to scoff loudly.

"Well how naive can you be not to see that he likes me!"

"Shit!" Jalen mouthed to himself. Amina gasped in disbelief and her jaw literally dropped. She could not believe that her best friend was saying all of this.

"He kissed me, that very same day he complemented you, actually, multiple times!"

"So not only are you shallow but you're also a liar." Amina chuckled dryly.

"Jalen, come out here."

Amina's puzzled face quickly changed to one of disappointment, making her eyes water. Jalen stood next to Y/N in silence. He wanted to explain to Amina but that would just make her cry even more.

"I just need to know one thing. Is it me or him?" Amina stared Y/N dead in the eye after giving her the ultimatum.

"Mina you can't make me..." a tear fell down her eye.

"Choose."

Y/N didn't have to say anything for Amina to conclude the answer.

"You guys deserve each other. Congratulations, you won." Amina said as she threw her bag on her shoulder before heading out.

~

Final part to this series. We're done. We're done! 🥲 I hope you guys enjoyed though, sorry for any errors. 😗