Algee Smith.

OMNISCIENT.

Algee shook his head at his already drunk friends, regretting why he'd agreed to come over. They were indulging in a game of 'Spelling bee or get dared' and even though he partook, he just really wanted to be at home with Y/N.

This is how the game worked: The guys used a number generator app for a fair pick, for example, if it landed on 1 and then 5, one had to choose a word from a bowl for five to spell and if it was incorrect, one could dare five any way he desired.

Brent, a friend of Algee's was chosen first and Algee second. "That's right, it's your turn to spell." Brent slurred as they chuckled.

"Your word is onomatopoeia. Spell that and stop simping." He commented.

Algee's eyebrows furrowed. "Damn it!" He said as they laughed. They all underestimated the intensity of the word until it was their turn, plus they were drunk too.

"O... N-O... M-A-T-O-P-I-A." He shrugged, followed by a laugh.

"Wrong, dumb ass! For that, you get to take a shot and I get to dare you!" Brent mumbled again.

"Make it juicy!" Tyree added.

"I dare yo ass to call your girl right now and tell her you cheated." Brent smirked as the other three made comments.

"Shit, you're dead." Christopher added with a dry laugh. He was higher than the clouds.

"Man, come on. Don't play like that." Algee replied as he let out a nervous laugh.

"Do it!" Brent yelled, until he got the other three to chant with him.

"Aight!" Algee took his phone out. "Aight."

"And put it on speaker too."

He clicked on her number, pressing the loudspeaker icon too. After a few rings, Y/N picked up.

"Hey babe."

"Hi baby, wassup?" Algee softly said, causing Brent to roll his eyes.

"Nothing much, just held up at the house. I'm guessing you're still with the boys huh?" She said as she laughed a little.

"Yeah... yeah. Y/N, there's something I need to tell you." Algee continued building up the peak his friends were all excited for.

Little did he know that Y/N was one step ahead of him...

"What is it?" She played along. "Hello...? You still there?"

"I... remember last week when I was out with the boys?"

"Just get to the point, Algee." She said.

"I didn't mean to, but I cheated." He finally spoke with his eyes closed, expecting her to yell back.

"Huh? Did you say something babe? Hold on... Marcus is calling." With that said, Y/N hung up.

Algee sat upright with his mouth slightly open. Marcus was Y/N's ex and he knew she'd never entertain him like that but it made him a little mad.

"Yoooo!" His boys called out.

"You gotta go there man. He was probably calling to ask her to open the door." Christopher calmly said.

Algee called Y/N again and instead, she kept quiet and let her man hear the other voice that was in the house. The other male voice. He hurriedly hung up and walked to the door.

"I'm never playing this dumb ass game with y'all man!" Algee said as he let out a laugh of disbelief before walking off.

.

.

.

"You have no business answering Marcus' calls Y/N." He said as he towered over her.

Unable to keep up the act, Y/N bursted into laughter. "There was no Marcus."

"Stop lying to me, where he at? He's somewhere in the house, isn't he?!" His jaw flinched.

"Baby relax, it was the pizza guy. I said it was Marcus because I knew you and your stupid friends tried to prank me. I know how y'all can get." She assured him, relieving the tension on his face.

Algee stale faced Y/N before smiling again. "Don't play like that bro."

"That should teach you not to play with me," she raised a brow, making him chuckle. "Come here." Y/N pulled him into a hug before kissing him.