Jalen Green O2.

The second scenario was in the lead you guys, but let me know if I should do an alternative version though. ❣️

~

"Why would you do that?!" Y/N shoved him.

"Do what?"

"You know Amina's my friend! Why would you do that?" She said as she packed her book bag, getting ready to leave. She didn't even care about the class anymore. Jalen followed her out.

"I didn't know she liked me though, hey," he pulled her towards him, making her look up at him. "I'm sorry."

"Well what about all those subliminal messages, the long stares, telling her she has pretty hair?" Y/N questioned. She was really caught between a rock and a hard place.

"I genuinely thought her hair was pretty." He went on. "Look, I know I'm putting you in an awkward position but I've liked you for a while now, I thought you'd catch on, and it's honestly by luck that I confessed my feelings for you." Jalen had a gentle grip on Y/N's hand and she quickly snatched it out after seeing Amina, who gathered the courage to walk towards them.

Jalen fixed his eyes on Y/N as he awkwardly slid his hands into his pockets.

"Mina, hey..." Y/N said as she stroked the back of her neck.

"Hey, aren't y'all supposed to be in class?" She asked, avoiding eye contact with Jalen because she was so shy.

"It's actually good that you're here because Jalen wanted me to tell you that he wanted to speak to you," she glared at Jalen, making him go agape. "Right... Jalen?"

"Uh... yeah." He looked away, clearly showing a lack of interest. Amina on the other hand, felt those butterflies he always gave her, smiling at Y/N for having her back. Or at least it seemed so.

Y/N walked back into the class as the two stood in silence. "So this is the first time we officially talk huh?" Jalen said, breaking the ice.

"...yeah." Amina said.

"Yo, we should hang out some time, can I get your number?" Jalen smiled as he pulled out his phone and Amina gladly put her number in, but that joy quickly turned into confusion.

"You think you can pop Y/N's number in too?" He slickly asked, finally finding a way to reach out to her. Amina scrunched her face up. At first she wanted to ask why but didn't see a problem, he did have other friends after all, so she looked for it on her phone and typed it in.

"Thanks, you and your friend should come hang with us this afternoon." He smiled once again, more at the fact that he'd gotten Y/N's number.

"Will do." Amina smiled as he gave her a quick hug before walking back into the class.

.

.

.

"Bitch!" Amina excitedly said as she sat next to Y/N. She had been chilling in the student centre with some headphones in, getting some work done.

"Bitch what?!" She replied, returning the usual hype energy they always gave each other.

"You're not gonna believe what happened! After you went back into the class, Jalen and I talked a little... and he asked for my number!" Amina squealed, completely skipping past the fact that he asked for Y/N's too.

"For real? I can finally stop being the middleman." Y/N chuckled, feeling somewhat relieved.

"Not exactly because he asked me to hang out with him and his friends this afternoon and of course I'm gonna bring you along." Amina went on, making Y/N repeatedly shake her head.

"No, no, no! Girl I don't always wanna be there when you're with your crush, just do your thing, you know where to find me though."

"In the library 'getting some work done', boring!" Amina said. You could say Y/N was more focused than most of her peers, or simply trying to avoid Jalen after what happened.

"I just have all these assignments I'm trying to get done, that's all." She excused herself, making Amina playfully roll her eyes.

"My little Einstein, alright then. I'm honestly gaining more and more courage to talk to him, all thanks to you." Amina said as she gave her friend a hug.

"I think you did that by yourself, I mean, you're pretty and smart, why wouldn't he like you?" Y/N said with a smile.

Her phone buzzed multiple times.

Hey, got your number from your bestie. Hope you can come through this afternoon.
Jalen ❣️

Y/N nearly choked on her water as she quickly closed the message.

"What's wrong with you?" Amina asked, looking up from her own phone.

"Nothing, just a new Euphoria episode..."

.

.

.

Later that day...

"You actually came." Jalen smiled as he warmly greeted Amina.

"I mean you asked and I couldn't say no, so, yeah..." she said as they walked to the rest of his friends who were at the benches under the big tree.

"Where's Y/N?" He finally said as he kept looking back.

"She's probably in the library doing some work. She's been really overwhelmed lately with all her school work so I've been trying to give her some space." Amina said.

"Oh..."

Jalen introduced Amina to his friends and they gelled really well, but his mind was still on Y/N. The was some alcohol, snacks and they were playing some board games when he stood up during 30 seconds.

"I gotta take this call..." he stood up as he walked away from the benches. The library was in the building they were sitting right outside of so he walked inside, coincidentally finding Y/N on her way out.

"Y/N..." he snuck up behind her, giving her a fright.

"Jalen I swear if you don't leave me alone I'm telling Amina. You need to stop what you're doing!" She warned, distancing herself.

"But I was honest with you from the get go. I like you and you keep trying to force her down my throat."

"That's because she likes you and I'm doing what any good friend would do." She said as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, but it's not working, you can't tell me you didn't catch all those 'subliminal messages'..." he stepped closer to her as her arms remained crossed. He placed his hands on her waist and pecked her lips. He placed a few more, leaving Y/N in a trance.

"Jalen the game's almost over-" Amina placed her had over her mouth as the two broke the kiss.

"Amina!" Y/N ran out to her friend as Jalen scratched his head, slightly licking his lips.

~

👀