Chapter 14

“Wow, Ann.” Daniel gaped as he scanned her from head to toe. “You look….”
“Yes?” She smiled, a teasing glint in her eye.
“You look…” He still stuttered.
“Hmm?”  She pressed on, tilting her head to the side.
“Beautiful.” He concluded, looking at her straight in the eye. He wasn’t one to complement girls on their appearance. To him, it never mattered anyway. All he cared about was the personality hidden behind the appearance. If you have a good personality and a beautiful appearance, that’s good. If you are beautiful but your personality is repulsive, then get lost.
Then again,  having  intimate conversations with the opposite sex wasn’t much of his thing. It’s surprising to see how much this beautiful badass standing in front of him had changed a lot in him.
She smiled at his reply and wrapped her arms around his neck. He tensed a bit at the contact but soon relaxed.
“See? “ She smiled. “ Was that so hard?”
“Well..no.. it wasn’t.” He stuttered again.
“Relax” She smiled at his shivering state. “Remember, I told you before. I don’t bite…”
“ Much.” He completed her sentence, rolling his eyes.
“Good boy.” she chuckled. “ By the way, Birthday boy, I got your present.”
“Really?” He brightened up at that and a grin appeared on his face. The grin of a five year old who is about to receive candy. “ Where is it? Where is it?”
“Easy, big guy.” She teased. She removed one of her hands from around his neck and,to his surprise, reached into her bikini top. He blushed 100 shades of red as more and more skin were revealed to his eyes. She removed her hand from inside her top and brought out a gold neck chain, then readjusted her top.
“Tada!!” She piped happily, dangling the chain to his face. It was glittering in the dark and at the bottom of the chain was a D sign in gold.
He stared at her and raised his eyebrow, having recovered from her earlier teasing.
“What?” She asked.
“My present, Ann.” He replied. “ Of all the places to keep my present, you decided to keep it there?” He added pointing to her cleavage.
“Hey!” She smiled innocently. “You don’t see any pockets on me, do you?”
“You are something else.” He shook his head, then he smiled. “ Thanks.”
“Anytime.” Her face softened. She held the chain and fixed it around his neck, patting the D on his chest. “Happy birthday, Daniel Johnson.”
“Thank you.” He replied.
“And now.” She added. “ I have another present for you.”
“There’s more?” He grinned excitedly. “Well then, let me have it.”
She smiled sensually at him and put his hands on her waist. He blanched for a bit but said nothing. He was finally getting used to her flirty actions so this shouldn’t surprise him. She then put her hands around his neck and leaned closer. Their noses were inches apart and she spotted a tint of pink on his cheeks. At least he wasn’t backing away.
“ Can you take a guess?” She whispered and he caught a whiff of mint coming from her breath. So vampires can ingest candy. Who knew? All the same, it was intoxicating.
“I think I already know.” He replied shyly.
“Then claim it.” She whispered again.
The sound of her voice was so soothing and seductive and he couldn’t help but notice those red lips of hers. Like cherry. Then those eyes.So brown. How could they fit such a specimen? They brought out her facial beauty as they sparkled in the moonlight.  He had no time to admire them as she closed them and inched closer to him. He reciprocated and their lips were closing in. Any second now and he would feel the softness of her lips…
Then he felt nothing. He opened his eyes and realized that he was alone. No kiss. No hands around his neck.Nothing.
“Enough playtime.” He heard the voice of Annabelle and saw her standing a few feet away from him. Her lips were pursed which meant that she was trying to hold her laughter.
“Come dance with me.” She added and walked away towards the dance floor, her muffled giggles heard by him.
To say Daniel was surprised was an understatement. He was stunned!!!. This chick just teased him all the way only to leave him hanging at the final moment. When he was in the zone!!  There was only one thought running in his head right now.
‘ ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!’

“ Sorry about that.” Jake said as he wrapped his arms around tomiwa’s waist as they danced. Having had enough of Angela’s invasion of his privacy during their dance romp, he opted to switch partners with  Wilfred, who calmly agreed.
“It’s not your fault.” Tomiwa  replied with a smile as she looked at him straight in the eye while moving her hips to the rhythm of the song.
“It would have been embarrassing if you had refused her offer. Not that i wouldn't find it funny,though.” She muttered the last part, making him laugh.
“You worry too much for your own good, you know that?” He chuckled.
She shrugged. “ I can’t help it.”
“ So..” He began. “ I bought two tickets for the movie Deadpool.I was wondering if you would…”
“..like to go with you.” She concluded with a smile.
“Well, yeah.” He nodded.
“Jake.” She said softly. “ You already know what my answer is”
“Well, I can never be sure. It’s not every movie a girl might want to see.” He replied.
“True.” She laughed softly in agreement. “But in my case, I’ll see any movie you want”
“ Really?” He raised an eyebrow at her.
“Really.” She answered.
“I trust your choices.” She added and leaned her forehead against his, making him glow pink.
“Jake.” she stared at him questioningly. “ You know you don’t need to be tense around me anymore.”
“I’m not shy.” He argued, but  the look on his face gave him away.
“Oh, really?” She smiled slyly and placed her palm over his bare chest at the left side. “Then why is your heart beating fast like someone who ran a marathon”
He remained silent.
She sighed and became serious. “Remember, Jake. We are an item now, even though we haven’t told others. So no tension should be around us, okay?”
“Yeah, I know.” He replied “ It’s just… this dating of a thing. I’m new to it and I don’t want to mess it up.”
“ You haven’t asked a girl out before?” She raised an eyebrow at his confession. Someone as charming and good looking as him? It sounded so impossible.
“ No.” He replied as another blush made it’s way to his cheeks, confirming the truth of his statement “I didn’t know the right words to use or what to say at all. Or rather put, I was scared.”
“Of?” She prodded.
“Rejection.” He answered, a sad smile coming to his face, before he replaced it with a mischievious grin. “ Besides, I spent my childhood frustrating and tormenting Daniel. It was so much fun.” He chuckled.
She shook her head at him with a smile.
“ You are not serious.” She giggled.
“ How long have you known Daniel?” She asked
“Since time immemorial.” He grinned.
“Jake!!” She pouted.
“Well…” He said. “We go way back. More than 8 years now.”
“You could be mistaken for brothers.” She smiled.
“Well.” He replied and then looked upwards the sky. She followed his eyes and looked up.
“It’s a beautiful night.” She whispered.
“Not as beautiful as you.” He replied, smiling at her. She blushed for a moment  before smiling and pecking him lightly on his cheek, stunning him a little.
“Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.” He winked.