Chapter 44

A red faced Luke paced around the room in impatience. It had been a few hours since he sent his son and Razor on the errand but it seemed liked decades.Thats what happens when you have been hit with a wave of paranoia for the past few weeks.

"What in the living hell is taking them so long?" He growled. Seeing the fruitlessness of his endless pacing,he opted to sit on the specially-designed siver chair facing the exit.

Coincidentally, his son entered followed shortly by Razor. Luke perked up as soon as they entered.

"Well?" He looked at them expectantly.

"We found her,Father." Chris replied.

"It took longer than we expected,sir." Razor added.

"You don't say." Luke said dryly. The sarcasm dripping from his voice was not missed by the two other men. "Well,where is She?"

"You can come in now." Razor called out as he faced the door.

Slight footsteps were heard and soon after a cloaked figure entered the room.The face of the person was partly covered from the forehead to under the nose by the hood but judging by the standing posture of the person,it was obvious it was a female.

"You may leave us."  Luke waved off the two men and they obliged.

"So." He turned his attention to the unknown figure. "I think aside from introductions,there is not much to dilly-dally about. You happen to be one of the most powerful witches. You see all and know all so I believe you know why i invited you here."

"Quite so." The figure replied.

"Its still a bit baffling how a supreme being like yourself is having trouble getting his hands on a little boy." She added with a laugh.

"You are in my place,woman." Luke smiled darkly "It would be wise not to mock me."

"Apologies." The figure replied.Though her mouth was shown to be pursed,Luke couldn't tell if she meant it due to him not seeing the rest of her face.

"And that so called 'little boy' happens to hold the key to my invincibility which of course you are well aware of." He added.

"The X-serum" The figure nodded. "I know."

"He has found a way to conveniently keep himself hidden.Then there is another matter." Luke paused.His expression shifted to a thoughtful one.

"Werewolves." The figure echoed his thoughts. "You massacred them years ago and you are surprised by their sudden re-appearance."

"They are supposed to be extinct!" He roared,his voice echoing across the room.The figure however was unperturbed. Luke pinched the bridge of his nose and heaved slowly as he made an attempt to calm down.

"Alright."  He said. "Alright...how many are left?"

"Three. " She replied. "But believe me when i say that they are the least of your problems,Luke."

Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Because you will get the boy before the werewolves make their next appearance." She clarified.

"You know where he is?" Luke sat up and his face lit up.

"I see all and know all,remember?" She said.

"Oh,yes." Luke laughed "I forgot about that. You can imagine. And the werewolves......"

"...Are no longer an issue." She completed his statement. "Consider them dead."

"Wonderful."Luke clasped his hands together in glee. Then he remembered something.

" I just want to know one thing." He narrowed his eyes at the figure suspiciously "What do you aim to gain from this? Because the last time i checked,nothing goes for nothing. Why help me?"

"Vengeance." The figure said calmly.

"Come again?" Luke was confused.

"I will explain everything later. Let us just focus on the task ahead?" She smiled.

"Okay." Luke replied hesitantly showing he wasn't satisfied with her answer. But he decided to let it slide. "So may i know your name for a start?"

The figure reached up and pulled back her hood,revealing a lady in her early twenties. She was light skinned and had her hair braided. Her eyes were bright and shone with mischief. She cast a long gaze on Luke and grinned.

"Shiela."