Chapter 52

A streaming light from the moon penetrated through the window to illuminate a small room. A room which held two captives.Jake groaned as part of the moonlight bathed his face,rousing him awake. He tried to move but discovered to his dismay that his hands were chained to the wall.
"What the hell?" He was fully awake now and took an observatory glance around his prison. It was barely occupied. A few crates here and there. A large wooden table beside the door. His ears perked up as he heard another moan. A moan of pain. He glanced to his right just in time to see a barely awake Tomiwa.
"Jake?" She groaned.
"I'm here,babe." He whispered.
"Where are we?" She grunted in pain as she felt the impact of the chains around her wrist.
"I don't know. Some kind of small room." He replied. He craned his neck to look towards the window. A bad choice as he felt a crick in his neck. He cried out in pain.
Tomiwa didn't get the chance to comfort him as the door to the room opened immediately. Stepping into the room with a smug grin was Chris.
"Rise and shine,people." He cried out,extending his arms wide in excited fashion.
"It's not dawn yet,idiot." Tomiwa spat dryly. Despite being creeped out by him, she didn't want to give him the pleasure of feeling powerful.
"You have quite the mouth,beautiful." Chris walked calmly towards her. Stopping a few inches from her,he ran his cold hand along her face making her shiver in disgust.
"Funny how we keep meeting like this." He chuckled. "Call it fate,perhaps? You know I like someone with spice and spunk such as yourself. You could make a good addition to our army."
"Get your filthy hands off her." Jake growled viciously.
"Or what, Romeo? You'll curse me to death?" Chris mocked. He then walked over to Jake.
"Count yourself lucky that my father still has use for you. Otherwise, you would be dining with the maggots underground." He added as an angry look crossed his face. He then turned to walk towards the door.
"Oh, I almost forgot." He paused and walked back towards Jake. Staring at him with a blank stare, he punched him right across his face. Jake grunted as the impact nearly took his head off.
" Jake!" Tomiwa screamed in terror as her boyfriend coughed out blood.
"That was for Angela." Chris snarled,ignoring the heated gaze Tomiwa gave him. He moved to door and stood beside it,staring at the restricted couple.
" You better pray to whatever you serve that Daniel shows up." He grinned as his eyes began to glow red.  "Because I'm beginning to get famished."

                           **********
Luke tapped his fingers impatiently as he awaited Daniel's arrival. Razor stood beside him with his trademark gaze of steel. Shiela sat opposite him in a couch. Her eyes were closed.Her legs were folded together and her arms were outstretched as she chanted in an ancient language. It had been minutes since he had asked her to use her powers to see beyond. He trusted her to get the results but it was still torture having to wait.
His attention perked up as she suddenly stopped chanting. She opened her eyes and gave him a blank gaze.
"Well?" He queried.
"The boy approaches." She replied.
" Excellent!" He bellowed in excitement as he stood up.
"But he is not alone." She frowned. The excitement vanished quickly from his face.
"What?" He faced her.
" Two people accompanies him. A vampire..." She began.
"Annabelle." He growled in anger.
"...And a hunter." She finished.
"Hunter?" Luke raised his brows in surprise. A smile quickly crossed his face.
" No matter. We still have the upper hand. Shiela,you know what to do." He said.
She nodded affirmatively.
"Razor. Take your position." He faced his minion.
"Yes,my lord." Razor grunted and left the room.
Luke walked to the balcony,with Shiela following close by.
"Today,to the victor goes the spoils." He grinned as he stared into the night.
" Today, I ascend into Godhood!!" He bellowed.