Chapter 48

Deep within an abandoned area was an uncompleted building. In it sat four men surrounding a lamp and playing a game of cards. These men were what you could refer to as the scum of the earth. Hardened criminals who had wasted lives without remorse. And they all looked the same. Rugged,heartless and ugly. This place was their regular hideout where they all met to drink and gamble as a means of celebration of a successful raid.
The snap of a twig from a short distance outside the building caught their attention and they paused.
"Tunde." The leader whispered to a short guy beside him. "Find out what that was."
The short guy got up and brought out a revolver from his back pocket. With a look of alert on his face, he cocked it and stepped out.  The remaining three were waiting for his return when an ear-piercing scream was heard. They quickly sprang to their feet and pulled out their guns. Moments later,footsteps could be heard approaching the building and the silouhette of a man stopped by the doorway.
"Who's there?!" The leader bellowed in anger pointing his gun to the doorway. "Show yourself!"
The man stepped into the light revealing himself with a sinister grin on his face and a fresh heart in his bloodied hands.
"Razor!" The leader gasped in shock with his comrade mirroring his countenance.
"Surprise!" Razor tossed the heart away and waved his two hands at them.They were too stunned to reply. The leader stood shaking with fear as beads of sweat began to form on his forehead.
"Im hurt." Razor pouted mockingly placing a hand over his chest." I was expecting a better reception than this. But then again i shouldn't be surprised. Considering how you betrayed me and pushed me to the police net. And then took over my position as leader. Bravo!!"
Razor finished,clapping his hands for emphasis.
"You know i have to thank you." He continued as he faced the leader squarely. "Your treachery made me what i am today. Im much more powerful than before. I am immortal. And what better way to celebrate my ascension to immortality by getting rid of the wretched scum who betrayed my trust!"
Razor's eyes had turned red with blood lust and he began to advance towards them.In an act of desperation and fear,the leader shot Razor putting a bullet into his forehead. His fear increased as he realized the futility of his attempt. Razor calmly pulled out the bullet from his forehead to the awe of the three.
"You really shouldn't have done that." He growled angrily. " I initially wanted to make your deaths swift and painless but guess what,I changed my mind."
With the speed of light he charged towards the three men.
            *********
"You're late." Luke said sternly to Razor who had just entered the room. He was seated on his usual spot with Shiela beside him.
"Im sorry, My Lord." Razor bowed his head apologetically "I had to take care of some personal business. It won't happen again."
Luke noticed the bloodstains on Razor's shirt but decided not to put mind to it.
"Assemble the rest and get the weapons ready." He said.
"Our witch friend here..." He tilted his head sideways towards Shiela with an evil grin. "....has found the werewolves"
                                     *****
The three hunters patrolled the area stealthily and quietly. Their heavy breathing was the only thing that could be heard. For the past two weeks after leaving the house of Daniel, that was all they did. Patrol. Patrol. Patrol. The longer they did the more impatient and angrier they became because they were yet to sight a single vampire. Simon's suspicions grew at this point. It seemed as if the vampires were careful and went into hiding. It wasn't making sense at all.
"Man." Ted grunted tiredly and sat on a huge stone nearby. " This is getting annoying. For the past two weeks now."
"Tell me about it." Tony agreed with his brother. " This whole thing seems fruitless."
"Will you two quit whining?"  Simon muttered angrily.
" Oh I'm sorry, your highness." Tony replied sarcastically and went to stand face to face with his leader.
" Do you prefer we sing and dance happily to the fact that we have been wasting our damn time roaming around the neighborhood like a bunch of idiots?!!!" He screamed.
"Dont you dare raise your voice at me, Anthony!!" Simon growled.
"Or what?!"  Tony challenged. " You'll betray me like you did to Daniel?"
Those words struck a nerve and the tension heightened between the two. Cracks had begun to form within the team after that fateful night. It was constant arguements between the two leading to Ted always playing the peacemaker role. He sighed as he was about to repeat the tiresome routine.
"Guys." He called out "Not today. Let's..."
A silver arrow darted through the air in the darkness and sank into his heart cutting short his statement. He fell to the floor.Dead.
"Ted!" Simon and Tony screamed in horror as the latter dropped to the floor to try and revive his brother. A futile effort as Ted's shut eyes and absence of pulse gave the indication that he was gone for good.A look of fury crossed Tony's face as he stood up and backed Simon in anticipation for the unknown assailant.
"Who's there?" Simon bellowed. " Show your self!!"
"I never get tired of hearing that same old boring statement." A voice sighed in the darkness. " Always with the 'who's there?' 'Show yourself' bla bla bla. Like some kind of tough guy. You don't need to ask. I beleive your sense of smell should detect what we are."
"Vampires." Tony sniffed in anger.
"Bingo." The voice laughed. "You,my friend, has just scored a hundred points. Congratulations. Here's your reward!"
The sound of a gunshot was heard and Tony collapsed to the ground.Lifeless.
"NO!!" Simon screamed in terror.
"Two down. One to go." The voice laughed.  Footsteps were heard and a smiling Razor revealed himself,along with ten other vampires.
"Well. It's been fun.But seriously this world is not big enough for two supernaturals. One has to step down." Razor smiled to a glaring Simon who was quickly surrounded. " In your case, 6 feet below."
Simon stood his ground. He wasn't prepared to go down without a fight. Razor rolled his eyes and nodded to his men.
"Destroy him."He barked.
The first attacker charged at Simon but was met with a wooden arrow to the head and dissisipated. Simon quickly pulled out a revolver and shot two more driving wooden bullets into them. The fourth and fifth met similar fates and hope began to grow within Simon. That was until a silver arrow sank into his thigh.Courtsey of Razor. Simon screamed in pain and dropped down to one knee. Seeing the advantage, another vampire made his move but Simon intercepted and put a bullet into his skull, wasting him. Razor grew impatient and shot Simon on his right shoulder. That ended the fight and Simon fell to the ground. Bleeding but still alive.
"You all are a bunch of insignificant and incompetent fools!" Razor bellowed to the remaining four who had looks of shame on their faces. He moved towards a weak Simon in a pool of blood and aimed his revolver to his heart.
"It's just like they say." Razor muttered darkly. "If you want something done right..."
He cocked the gun.
"....Do it yourself."
He pulled the trigger.