Chapter 50

Sharon stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her petite figure. It had been a long time since the whole supernatural fiasco that went down at Daniel's. As much as she wanted to take advantage of this strike and spend much time with her friends,she didn't think she could psychologicaly bear the brunt of another strange event. Besides,her friends were locked up at their homes out of fear.She wouldn't blame them though. No sane person would go through what they did and think it wise to parambulate around the street like everything was alright.
She sighed and slumped to the bed tiredly.She wasn't  completely dry though and the bed began to soak up a bit but she paid no attention to it.She had more worrisome issues to think about.
Where did it go wrong? Why can't everything go back to the way it was before? Normal.
The shrilling ringtone of her phone startled her and she opened her eyes. She picked up her phone and checked the screen. The ID read 'SEGUN'. Smiling slightly,she answered.
"Food monger. What's up?" She giggled.
"I'm good." Segun's voice was heard from the other end. "You people don't have any better nickname to give me?"
"We call you what suits you." She laughed.
"Be that as it may." He muttered. "Anyway,whats up with you? How have you been?"
"Truth be told, not good. I'm dying." She pouted.
"What!" Segun's voice had an edge of concern. "Dying?"
"Yeah. Dying.....of boredom." She wailed dramatically.
If it was possible that she could see him from the other side of her phone,she would have caught him rolling his eyes.
"Unbelievable." He frowned. "And to think i was worried."
She  bursted into laughter. "You were worried?"
"Anyway." He ignored her question. "Are you free this weekend?"
"Well, I'm not sure. Anything could come up. Why? " She asked.
There was silence.
"Segun. Are you there?" Sharon queried.
"Oh yeah. Sure." Segun quickly answered. "Hey i was just wondering if we could...you know..hang out and...stuff."
"I dont know. Im not sure Daniel and the rest may come out of their houses..." Sharon began.
"No, Sharon." Segun facepalmed at her naivety, a frustrated expression temporarily appearing on his face. " I wasn't talking about a small gathering. I was referring to us. Like both of us should hang out together."
"Oh." She blanched.
" Yeah." Segun rubbed the back of his neck akwardly. "So what do you say?"
"Well." Sharon replied hesitantly." I'll see if it's possible. Before weekend i'll give you a call."
"Alright......Thanks?" He replied.
"Bye." She said.
"Bye." He replied.
She cut the call,ending one of the most akward conversations in her life. She groaned tiredly as she was at the fence at the moment.
Did she want to hang out with Segun? Probably.
Did she like him? Yes.
More than a friend? Unsure.
Why? This was where she hit a roadblock.
She sighed and clicked on her phone menu. Selecting the gallery,she scrolled to the pictures and stopped at the one which had Daniel in it.
A gentle smile appeared on her face.
                                         ********
Daniel sat with Annabelle in the living room with both of them on his laptop. He was making a video call to Jake and Tomiwa.
"So let me get this straight." Jake said. " Luke's weakness is werewolf venom?"
"Yeah." Daniel replied. "At least that's what was written on the paper."
"But Dan, you said that necklace was given to you by your grandfather on your birthday." Tomiwa said.
"Exactly." He replied.
"The whole thing is confusing." Jake scratched his head. " It just happens to be a coincidence that the gift given to you on your birthday contains the secret to Luke's demise and you happen to be a werewolf."
"I know, right?" Daniel laughed. " This life is full of mysteries."
"But how can we trust what is written on that paper?" Tomiwa asked sceptically.
"Have you forgotten?" Annabelle spoke up." The book we read at Tisha's place. It said the warlock sealed the secret to killing Luke in silver and aquamarine. Daniel's necklace is silver and the W sign on it happens to be blue in color. Aquamarine is another color for blue."
"I guess that makes sense." Tomiwa shrugged. "But still,we dont know where Luke is and your hunter friends are nowhere to be found."
" I don't need them." Daniel frowned. " Not after what they did."
"Look,Dan." Jake sighed. " I know what they did was wrong but in a way it turned out for good."
"You're kidding,right?" Daniel snapped,glaring across the screen at his friend. " Jake,that's the last thing i expect from you."
"For God's sake,Daniel. Don't misinterpret me!!" Jake snapped back." You should know what i mean!"
"Okay, boys. That's enough." Annabelle stepped in to douse the situation. "We are supposed to be on the same page here. Ending Luke is our major priority here and the last thing i want is arguments from you two."
"Preach on, Sister." Tomiwa giggled,raising an imaginary glass tumbler in the air. Jake chuckled at her silliness and ruffled her hair.
"Okay,fine." Daniel conceeded. "You guys can come over tommorow and let's strategize. I don't think we can do that now as my data will soon be exhausted."
"I think Eric will need to be here too." Annabelle added.
Daniel mumbled incoherently at her statement and she giggled.
"Eric?The doctor's son?" Jake was confused. "What does he have to do with all of this?"
Daniel kept quiet.
"Dan." Jake narrowed his eyes suspiciously " Is there anything else you are not telling us?"
"Its a funny story." Daniel sighed. "But I'll tell you everything tommorow. Promise."
"Alright. " Jake was still sceptical but decided not to press the matter. Daniel nodded and ended the video call.
Daniel heaved a sigh of relief and laid his head on Annabelle's thighs while she played with his hair. It was going to be a long day tommorow. They were soon startled by a voice by the door of the living room.
"Well,that's sad. I can't believe you are ashamed of me."
Daniel quickly rose from his girlfriend's thighs and they saw a grinning Eric by the door.
"Eric?" Daniel raised his eyebrows "What are you doing here?"
"Its good to see you too." Eric replied sarcastically. "Anyway,your mum let me in and ive been here for the past 20 minutes."
"So you heard everything?" Annabelle asked.
"Everything."  He replied.

                                 ********
Jake and Tomiwa walked along the road leading to the route to her house. He had decided to accompany her back after the call with Daniel. It was quite dark now.
"I dont know." Jake said. " But i think you should have stayed the night in my place."
"And risk having your parents catch me in your bedroom?" Tomiwa gave him a look. "Thanks. But no thanks."
"Come on.We could be discreet you know." Jake grumbled.
"We both know that's impossible. Especially when your hands gets antsy on my body." She winked at him.
"Well. That's a work in progress." He chuckled and pulled her close to him.
"Well,well." A voice suddenly startled them echoing in the darkness. " If it isn't our favorite couple."
Tomiwa clutched Jake's arm in fright and he narrowed his eyes.
"Who's there?" He called out.
Footsteps were heard and suddenly they found themselves surrounded by several men. Tomiwa's eyes went wide as a figure walked from the midst of the men towards them.
"Chris?" She gasped in disbelief.
"We meet again,beautiful." Chris grinned. "Last time you were fortunate enough to escape my clutches. I'm afraid to tell you that this time..."
".....Lightening won't strike the same place twice." He finished with a vicious glare.