EPILOGUE

Daniel stood in front of the raging blue ocean at the beach clad in nothing but a pair of blue shorts. It had been seven years since the battle. He had now added more muscle mass and sported facial hair. His mouth pursed in a thin line as he reminisced all that had happened in almost a decade:
After the strike was called off,the university resumed and everything went on. Almost like nothing happened. Projects,assignment and finally graduation.Sharon and Segun were going steady. Jake and Tomiwa' relationship blossomed. A smile crossed his features when he remembered a call from Jake giving him the news about purchasing an engagement ring. Well it was about time. Seven years of dating was no laughing matter. Eric had joined the armed forces,convincing Daniel to tag along. With vampires out of existence, the brothers could actually channel their abilities to defending their country. Though Esther disapproved her son's intentions at first, It took a lot of convincing and reminding that he was now an adult and free to make his decisions. She reluctantly agreed on the condition that he kept in touch. Something he had no problem with. As for Shiela, she went into tourism and occasionally kept in contact with the group.
Daniel sighed and pulled out the gold chain from his pocket. Today was his 23rd birthday. The chain was a constant reminder of the one person he truly loved and lost. Just then he heard footsteps on the sand behind him. He didn't need to turn around to know who that was.
"Eric." He muttered.
"Happy birthday,Bro." The latter replied as he stood beside him. For a moment,they both stared at the setting sun,saying nothing.
"Still celebrating alone?" Eric chipped,not taking his eyes off the sun.
"If you call this a celebration." Daniel mirrored his actions.
Eric took his eyes of the sun and stared at his brother. For the past seven years,he became more withdrawn and barely made much comments. Except during missions. He sighed inwardly as he thought of how similar their fates were. They both had to watch their loved one's die. But while was consumed with sorrow and vengeance,he knew Daniel had been ridden with guilt, feeling indirectly responsible for his lover's death. He prayed one day something could relieve him of all the emotional pain. His brother was way too young to bear this.
"It's all good, bro." He sighed." It's going to be alright."
With that statement,Eric patted his brother's shoulder lightly and walked off. Daniel didn't bother asking because he knew what Eric meant. Despite trying to keep the tough exterior,He knew Eric cared deeply. And that brought a smile to his face. As he stared at the now darkening sky, he only hoped the sun with rise the next day along with good fortune for him.

*Well,that's a wrap!!DARK MYSTERIES has ended.It has been fun while it lasted. I want to use this opportunity to thank the readers who voted and commented on my novel and kept me going. Special thanks to debrlynn. Much love and kisses to you,dear. I hope we'll get the opportunity to interact again in future when I drop another novel here. If you guys want to interact more with me. I'm available on:
Facebook @Frankie Nero.
Instagram @Frankie_dinero18.
Till we meet again. *