Chapter 33

For a moment, nothing was said. They all stood staring. It was so impossible to believe that someone who previously lay dead, minutes ago was standing before them as if nothing had happened.

“Guys, seriously.” Daniel raised his eyebrows. “ It’s me.You can stop with the silence and staring. It’s really creepy. Somebody say something for crying out loud.”

Annabelle walked slowly towards him, dropping her crossbow and taking slow baby steps, while the others stood rooted to their spots.
She reached him and placed her palm over his left cheek, it felt so warm and comfortable unlike the previously cold temperature. He smiled at her as he placed his hand over hers, squeezing lightly. His smile disappeared a moment later though when he saw tears spilling out of her eyes.

“Ann?” He said gently as the ran a thumb along her face, wiping a tear away. “Please don’t…”

He was cut off as she lunged at him and held him in a tight embrace. And then she released all her pent up emotions. Her body shook as she sobbed uncontrollably. He sighed sadly as he returned the embrace, rubbing her back with his palm to soothe her.

“It’s okay.” He whispered. “It’s okay.”

“Even if this is a dream.” She choked out. “Even if you are ghost, I don’t care as long as I can feel you again and see you talk.”

“Now, you are being silly.” He chuckled and she laughed along, her eyes now dry. By now, the others had recovered from their shock and moved towards the duo. Tomiwa was the first to embrace him, squeezing  softly and he returned her embrace.

“Don’t scare us like that again.” She attempted to joke but her shaky voice showed that she wanted to cry.

“I’ll try not to.” He winked. He looked at Jake who stared back. The two males were locked in a staring contest until Daniel decided to relent.

“You don’t need to be ashamed to give a brother a hug." Daniel laughed as he spread his arms.

“In your dreams.” Jake frowned but everyone could see his lips twitching slightly in an attempt to smile.

“You know you want to.” Daniel goaded.

Jake rolled his eyes and laughed before moving to hug his friend. After a while, they detached .

“Good to have you back.” Jake smiled. Daniel grunted and nodded in response.  

“You are one hell of a tough guy.” Tisha giggled.

Then a thoughtful frown appeared on her face. She moved towards him and held his face.

“Hey, what the…” Daniel cried out in surprise, but she cut him off and turned his face sideways to look at his neck.

“Tisha, what is the matter?” Annabelle asked.

“The injury." Tisha frowned as she released her hold on Daniel. “ The one inflicted by the werewolf.”

She turned to the rest of the group.

“It’s healed."
  ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Okay, so you meant you weren’t kidnapped or anything? You left the room yourself?” Annabelle asked Daniel as she sat beside him on the couch.

The had made their way back to Tisha’s house and everyone  changed and refreshed. It was already in the early hours of the morning and no one felt like sleeping again. Daniel had changed into a black T shirt and blue Jean shorts and was sipping from a Tea cup of coffee.

“ Yeah.” Daniel said, dropping the coffee and leaning back to rest his head. “ It felt so weird. During my time of ..well..slumber if we can call it that, I saw my self in a forest and in front of me was a bat.”

“Bat?” Tisha questioned.

“Yeah.” Daniel replied. “ It was flying towards me, like it was poised to attack or something. Kind of similar to a dream I had a few months ago when school was still in session. Anyway, before it could reach me, A wolf jumped from behind me and caught the bat in it’s teeth. The wolf was as black as the night and had glowing gold eyes. It snapped it’s jaws shut, killing the bat before dropping it. It then turned to look at me. For a moment I thought it was going to make a move or something. But it just made a growling sound and walked away and then I awoke.”

Daniel paused and a frown appeared on his face as he reached for the coffee and took another sip. Everyone was silent as they took in this piece of information with nobody knowing what to say.

“When I awoke.” He continued. “I suddenly felt uncomfortable. It was as if my body was on fire. My nose felt itchy and bloody. It was so painful. And then I caught their scent… Vampires.”

“You can smell vampires?” Jake raised an eyebrow.

Daniel nodded.

“ I can detect a lot of scents,not just vampires. How else did I know you were in trouble? That was when I had these sudden urge. Like I wanted nothing but a bloodbath and rampage. I couldn’t control it and that’s how I left the room to go after them. By the way,sorry about the window,Tisha.” He rubbed his neck, chuckling nervously.

“Oh,no problem.” She gave him a dry look which reflected sarcasm. “Really.”

“How are you feeling now?” Annabelle asked.

“Upset. Pissed off. Furious.” He chuckled darkly taking everyone by surprise. “ When I get my hands on that werewolf…”

He tightened his grip on the mug until cracks began to form on it.
“Death will be nothing compared to what I’ll do to it!"

He squeezed the mug until it shattered into pieces.

~And the beast has just been unleashed. Inevitable battle official. Don't forget to vote and comment. I'm always available for questions,views,criticism. You mention it. ~