Chapter 34

Luke folded his arms with a proud smile on his face as he stood on the balcony and watched his new recruits train. So far they were all progressing well and were already adapting to the intense and vigorous training methods, considering the fact that they were turned just a few days ago. However, only one of the new recruits caught his eye.

Razor was his name and he had the potential to be one of his strongest warriors. He was a very muscular man and stood at an imposing height. He had an afro and was fair in complexion with a few scars running down his arms. Before turned, he was a hardened criminal responsible for the deaths of many. He formerly led a gang of robbers on many successful operations and was a very sharp shooter and fighter, hence his nickname. The only reason for his unexpected arrest was due to the betrayal from his second in command who wanted to seize power. His second in command had secretly and codedly tipped the police about his whereabouts and hence, he was arrested and death seemed to be an inevitable fate for him until Luke rescued him and the other thugs from that black maria. Luke, his savior. His hero. From that moment, Razor had promised two things :

Repay Luke by giving his best performance.

Get revenge on the bastard that sold him out.

An incoming 400 pound log of wood was thrown his way and he shattered it into bits with one punch. That action drew awe and surprise from everyone in the compound as the other recruits looked on with disbelieving eyes. He looked at his bloody fist which was rapidly healing, then looked up to the balcony, giving Luke a confident smile.

"Impressive." Luke nodded. Then he turned to Chris who was watching the whole thing with a curious frown.

" He has the potential to be as strong as you." He then turned to leave the balcony before stopping and glancing back.

"If not stronger." He added before finally leaving.

That statement brought an angry growl from Chris and he tightened the hold on the railings, squeezing the life out of it. How dare his father compare him to that filth?!!. After the recruits had finished their training, he moved to the compound and blocked Razor who was about leaving. Razor stared at him indifferently although inside, he was starting to get upset.

"Any problem?" Razor queried, keeping his cool.

"Lets get one thing straight." Chris said poking his finger at Razor's chest. "My father may have been impressed by your move, which is rare for him, but I am not. If you are trying to show off to get on his good side or my good side, it won't work. This is not a circus, it is a training ground."

Razor smiled at the young man who was trying to look intimidating. Chris may be a century old but he still looked like a teenager. The contrast in their stature was quite glaring as Razor almost towered him in height.

"Look." Razor said, swatting Chris' hand away from his chest. "I am not here to impress anyone. My goal is to do my best and become stronger. If your father likes it, that's good. If he doesn't, then I'll work on my area of weakness. As for you, you better watch your mouth. Not everyone is as they seem and there is more to some people than their looks alone. If you think I have it in mind to impress you, then you must be delusional. If you don't like me or you are not impressed, guess what? I don't give a fuck."

"You know." Chris narrowed his eyes. " For someone who was a hardened criminal, you speak very well."

"Like I said." Razor smiled " There are more to people than their looks."

He shifted to the side and walked out of the compound with Chris glaring at his back.

..............................................................................................................................................................

"So." Annabelle smiled as she faced Daniel and stood in a fighting stance.
" Let's see if you haven't gotten rusty."

It had been two days since they came back from Ghana and it was back to normal. Daniel had a happy welcome from his mom who had given him her usual tight embrace. He had thanked the two warriors who stood guard during his absence, Ted and Tony. Although, when he asked for Simon, they said he went on some business. He shrugged and paid no attention to it though. They had also briefed him on the increasing number of vampires which worried him greatly. Another thing was the changes he was going through. He could hear noises from a far distance and could also detect scents from far away. Then there was his physique. His mother noticed this and she wondered what kind of exercise would give someone a rapid increase in muscle mass within 3 days!! She mentioned it once but he passed it off as one of her usual inquisitive nature. Another thing he discovered was the day he pulled off his bedroom door while trying to unlock it. He stared unbelievably at the fallen door as he didn't put in any effort at all to drag it. He knew something was wrong but he couldn't figure it out.

Currently he was at Annabelle's and he wore a plain black tank top and shorts with fingerless gloves, while she donned a sports bra and black tights with black tapes around her fingers.

"I have to warn you." He smiled, cracking his knuckles. " I'm not the same guy you used to kick around"

"Too much talk." She yawned.
" Actions speak louder than words."

She smiled and beckoned to him.
His smile disappeared and he charged towards her with a speed that stunned even her although she was swift enough to dodge a punch before it reached her face.

' How did he become this fast?!' She cried out in thought as she parried another of his punches, spinning him around before delivering a kick to his chest, but surprisingly, he caught her fist by the ankle. She stared in shock as she stood on one leg. A smug grin made it's way to his face and then, tightening his hold on her leg, he flipped her over but she landed on her two feet. She raised her head up and moved out of the way to avoid a flying kick from him. His leg connected to the wall, putting a hole through it.

"What the..." Annabelle's eyes went wide at the wreckage. But she didn't have time to say anything further as he charged towards her and gave her a roundhouse kick which she dodged, but unfortunately wasn't fast enough to dodge the follow up leg sweep he gave her and she found herself flat on the floor. He quickly straddled her and pinned her hands over her head. She struggled to get him off her but to her dismay, he was too strong.

"K.O." He smiled. " I win."