Chapter 35

“Alright, Daniel. You won.” Annabelle sighed. “ You can get off now.”

Daniel didn’t budge. He kept her hand pinned and kept on staring. Although a bit sweaty from their workout, she was a mesmerizing sight. Beads of sweat rolled down her face to the floor and her red lips opened a bit as she panted. He looked lower to her revealing cleavage which seemed to become more exposed due to her heavy breathing. A red blush appeared on his face as new perverted thoughts began to flow in his mind which he had to admit at that point was strange. For a moment, she looked tempting to him and he just felt like ripping off her sports bra and feasting on that soft, succulent..

“Daniel!” Her voice brought back to reality and he looked up to see a confused look on her face.

“Sorry, what was that?” He said.

“I’ve been calling your name like five times now.” She frowned, before a teasing smile appeared on her face.

“But I guess you were too busy feeding your eyes. So, do you like what you see?” She winked.

He blushed and quickly scrambled away from her. She was about to add another teasing remark when she caught his mood. It was something between confused and thoughtful.

“Dan?” She moved nearer to him and sat beside him. “ What’s wrong?”

For a moment he said nothing as he leaned his chin on his knee. Then he turned to face her.

“You know this whole time,we’ve all been pretending?” He finally said.

“What do you mean?” She tilted her head sideways in confusion.

“That all is well with me. We’ve seen vampires and now werewolves. Then you saw what I demonstrated moments ago. Tell me,Ann. Have I ever showed such feat of strength and speed when we sparred before?” He gave her a questioning gaze.

“No.” She replied. She knew what he was driving at and she had to admit that after what she noticed back in Tisha’s house and then now. It was time to stop pretending about the obvious.

“The things that happened in myths and stories are now a reality. First, vampires. Now , werewolves. For the past two days I tried to pretend that all was right but I cant pretend any longer.” He stood up and went to the living room and she followed him.

He sat down on the cushion, staring intently at the table absentmindedly. She sighed and sat beside him.

“ Annabelle.” He turned to her. She raised her eyebrows. It was rare for him to adress her by her full name.

“A werewolf bit me. You know what that means.Jake knows what that means.Tomiwa too. I can’t just wake up one day with super strength and speed that matches that of a vampire.  It doesn’t happen. We already know my fate.” He sighed sadly.

“Dan.” She put her hand over his and stared into his eyes. “ It’s going to be alright...”

“ Is it?” He interrupted with a sarcastic chuckle, shaking his head. “ I don’t even know anymore. I don’t even know how my mom will react to this. Or what will even happen on the next full moon.  Or if I harm the people dear to me if I cant control myself. I’m tired and honestly…”

He looked to the ground.

“I’m scared.” He added in a whisper. She smiled sadly and put and index finger under his chin, turning him to face her.

“ Daniel.” She said, soothingly. “I may not know your mother very well but I can swear to you that no matter what you are, she will still accept you. it may come as a shock to her but she would never reject you. She knows about vampires now though so the surprise would be a bit mild.”