Chapter 54

Annabelle grunted in pain as she fell on her back for about the hundredth time. So far she was fighting a losing battle.She had tried every attack imaginable on Chris. But try as she might,Chris was just too experienced and powerful. The last time she was able to take him down was almost a year ago at the forest. But even at that, It took using Tomiwa as bait for that to work. But this time,there was no bait.No plans.No strategy. Just the two of them with a restricted Jake and Tomiwa as the spectators.
Chris walked towards Annabelle who was still crouched on all fours. He kicked her at the sides,eliciting a grunt from her.
"Goodness,I'm having way too much fun." He cackled as he held her by the back of her neck. He pulled her towards him with her back resting on his chest.
"I expected much more from you,Annabelle. " He whispered into her ear. " But I suppose this is what I should expect from someone with a limited diet. Tell me,when last did you feed on human blood?"
He hit her lower back with his knee and tossed her forcefully across the room.
"Annabelle!!" Tomiwa shrieked as Annabelle landed hard on the wooden table,breaking it.
"Don't worry,sweetheart." Chris turned his attention to Tomiwa,a crazy grin on his face. " She can take as much as she can dish."
Jake who was barely conscious suddenly caught sight of something. His eyes went wide at his discovery. When Annabelle had shattered the wooden table, she had inadvertently created a weapon. One of the table legs. Annabelle must have discovered that as she caught his eyes on her. Smirking slightly as blood escaped her mouth,she gave him a look which conveyed one message : Stall Chris. Jake matched her smile as he got the message loud and clear.
"Hey,Son of a bitch." Jake called out. Chris sent a dry look his way.
"So you're feeling all high and mighty beating a girl? " Jake chuckled. " I knew you had no balls. But this is just way on another level."
"Jake. What are you doing?!" Tomiwa shrieked as she sent a worried glance her boyfriend's way. Chris, however had lost all amusement. A vicious glare crossed his face as he walked towards Jake,oblivious to Annabelle who had now discreetly snapped the table leg into two. Each part had sharp points. A look of realization crossed Tomiwa's face as she put two and two together.
" It seems the beating administered to you has driven you to delirium. " Chris growled at Jake.
"No. Believe me,I'm still as sane as ever." Jake laughed as he saw Annabelle advancing stealthily towards the oblivious Chris. "You,however,are quite predictable."
" What are you talking......" Chris didn't get to finish his sentence as the sharp edge of the wooden table leg pierced through his heart. He let out a scream of pain as Annabelle pushed it further.Tomiwa and Jake winced as the scream was loud enough to almost shatter their eardrums. The screaming finally died down as Chris crouched to his knees. Annabelle still held on to the makeshift stake and crouched to his ear level.
"Now.You and your precious Angela can both rot in hell." She snarled into his ear.
With one final blow,she shoved the stake completely through his heart and he burst into flames.
Annabelle let out a tired sigh as she stood on her feet. She gave a weak smile to Jake.
"Thanks." She said.
"Anytime." He replied.
"Not to sound weird and all but can you please repay the favour?" He gestured to his chained wrists.
"No problem." Annabelle walked over to them. In less than a minute,she broke their chains.
"Thanks." Tomiwa rubbed her sore wrists.
"You can thank me later. We have to find the rest." Annabelle replied as she turned towards the door.
" The rest? " Jake raised a bloodied eyebrow.
"Daniel and Eric. " Annabelle clarified.
"Wait,Daniel's here?!! What happened then?!! Where is he?!!" Jake's expression morphed into that of utter shock. Tomiwa had a worried expression now.
Annabelle sighed and rubbed her forehead.
"Honestly,It's a long and complicated story." She muttered.

                         ************

To say Eric was frustrated was an understatement. As he picked himself off the floor,he raised his head up to receive a hard punch to his face and he was back to the floor. Eric coughed out blood but quickly rolled away to avoid the incoming boot or Razor. He barely got to his feet as another punch connected to his face. The impact sent him few feet across the passageway. This was how it had been for the past hour. Get hit.Avert another hit. Get a third. Down to the ground.
"Damn." Eric groaned. In all his years of vampire hunting,he had never come across a force like Razor. All the vampires he took down in the past was with great ease. But not only was he finding it difficult to go toe to toe with Razor, he had barely landed a hit on him! He was just too quick and strong. Each hit Eric received felt like the impact of solid concrete. He was quite sure that if he managed to survive this encounter with Razor, he was going to need his mum to do a lot of X-ray scans on him. He reached into his pocket to pull out his gun but like lightening, Razor was already in front of him and held his wrist. Eric screamed as he felt Razor begin to squeeze his wrist.
"Wrong move. Slow move." Razor grinned. He lifted Eric with his hold on the wrist and watched in glee as the latter dangled helplessly before him.
"I've had much fun,hunter. But it's time I stopped toying with my food. That's bad habit." He mocked.
Just then, his eyes suddenly glowed red and he pulled Eric closer. Opening his mouth to reveal elongated canines, he moved closer  to sink his teeth into Eric's neck when he suddenly heard footsteps.
"What was that?" Razor wondered as his eyes returned to normal and he glanced towards the other end of the passageway. Straining his ears,he heard it again. Footsteps. Three pair of footsteps.
That distraction was enough for Eric to reach into his trenchcoat with his unrestricted hand and pull out his gun. Quickly sensing danger,Razor turned his attention back to Eric to meet a gun pointed directly to his forehead. His eyes went wide as he realized his fate.
"Wrong move. Slow move." Eric mocked and pulled the trigger.
A wooden bullet sank into Razor's forehead. Razor fell to the ground,releasing Eric. Eric walked over to him and aimed the gun at his heart.
"A pity though." Eric said. "You put up quite a fight. "
Eric fired the gun and Razor screamed,bursting into ash.
Eric sighed tiredly and crouched,putting his hands on his knees. Just then he heard the footsteps from earlier again. A glare crossed his face as he quickly faced the direction from where the footsteps were coming from,his hold on the gun tightened. His expression softened later as the owners of the footsteps came into view. It was Jake,Tomiwa and Annabelle.
"Eric?" Annabelle was stunned as she took in his battered state.
"Yeah." He replied.
"It seems our mission is partly accomplished." He added on seeing Jake and Tomiwa.
Annabelle nodded. Then realisation came to Eric and he asked the question that crossed everyone's minds.
"Where is Daniel?"