Chapter 15

“Ann, that wasn’t fair.” Daniel pouted as he wrapped his arms around her waist with her back leaning against him. He sighed comfortingly as his hands felt the texture and temperature of her cold skin.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She said innocently as she leaned her head backwards into his chest.
“You know what I am talking about.” He insisted.
“No.” She giggled and placed her hand around his and moved along with him to the rhythm of the song. It was currently a slow one.
“Who denies a celebrant of his birthday present on his birthday? Who does that?” He frowned.
“I already gave you your present.” She tilted her head towards him and smiled innocently again.
“I meant the other one!” He cried out in frustration. Was she having fun teasing him like this?
“Oh, that one.” She said in mock realization.
“Yes.” He rolled his eyes. “ That one.”
“Tell you what.” She said with a sly smile and ran her lips up his jaw until she reached his ear and then whispered.“ Tell the DJ to put a fast paced song and if you can last long with me on the dance floor and impress me, then you get it.”
She nipped the shell of his ear, before licking it and blowing breeze on it.
That was enough to heat him up. Oh, what the anticipation of a kiss can do to a guy. Oh well. He left her to go to the DJ and whispered to him. The  DJ smiled understandably and changed the song to 'Give it up to me' by Sean Paul and Keisha Cole.  The crowd erupted in glee and everyone began to dance wildly. Daniel smile at this. He is so throwing another beach party next year. He glanced to wards Annabelle and saw her beckoning to him with her index finger in a ‘come here’ fashion, a teasing smile on her face. He moved towards her and it began.
They engaged in a heated dance and she wrapped her hands around him, wriggling her hips before pushing him back with her hands and walking away, purposefully adding more sway to her hips.
‘ Not so fast.’ Daniel thought as he quickly blocked her way. She smiled teasingly at him which he returned ad he grabbed her hands, swaying her and spinning her around before catching her and putting her right hand around his neck and raised her left leg up, wrapping it around his waist and running his hand up her thigh. Their dirty dancing had gathered the attention of the attendants and they began to cheer for them. Annabelle untangled herself and twirled around before bending down sensually and bumping his crotch with her behind which brought out loud cheers and whistles from the guys. He moved to grab her but she stopped him with her index finger to his chest and pushing him backwards a bit. She herself danced her way towards him but he moved backwards in a moonwalking fashion which brought out more chants again.
“Wow.” Tomiwa said in admiration as she watched the couple dance. “ You were right, he can dance”
“Told you.” Jake said as he slung his arm around her , still careful not to touch any intimate place.
“I never knew he had it in him.” She giggled.
“ And yet he will be forming gentle boy in class. Same goes to you too.” She smiled at him. “It’s even the gentle ones that one should be wary off."
“Your opinion.” He replied sticking out his tongue at her
Daniel had pulled Annabelle with her back against his chest and he caressed her thighs with his hands, before running them upwards unto her taut stomach and pinching her flesh. She gasped a bit, but he wasn’t done as he released her momentarily and spun her around before lifting her and holding her to him as she wrapped her arms and legs around him and they paused like that just in time for the final beat of the song. The crowd cheered and Daniel was hailed as he set her down. Sharon meanwhile was watching with her arms folded and a scowl on her face.
“So..” Daniel panted as he stared at Annabelle. “ How was it?”. The crowd had began to disperse.
“Better than I expected.” She smiled.
“ You’ll get it later tonight.” She winked and walked away.
‘You bet I will.’ He smirked at her retreating figure.
“DAN, MY BRO!!” Jake cried out as he put an arm around his friend and ruffled his hair.
“Dude,do you ever listen?!” Daniel grumbled as he smoothened his hair. “ Watch the hair.”
“Oh will you lighten up?” Jake replied. “ Because you're under the spotlight, you're suddenly feeling fly."
“Shows what you know."  Daniel smiled.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The party was soon over and after lots of thanks and praises to Daniel, everyone dispersed and went to their separate routes . Jake opted to walk Tomiwa and  Sharon to the hostel, while Daniel escorted Annabelle to her apartment.
“You’re not going to stay the night?” She teased as they reached her door.
“No.Probably next time.” He teased back.
“I’ll hold you to it.” She laughed and then smiled at him. “ Thank’s Dan. I had a wonderful night. It’s been a long time I had such fun.”
“Well,truth be told,you also made my birthday a memorable one. So i guess we are even.” He replied.
“Yeah.” She replied “ I guess we are.”
A minute of silence passed as they looked each other in the eye. Then they leaned towards each other, their eyes closed and their foreheads touching. Their lips were inches apart..
They were interrupted by the shrill sound of Daniel’s ringtone, spoiling the moment and they groaned simultaneously in annoyance.
“Seriously?!!” Daniel  screamed in frustration, then fished out his phone before looking at the ID.
It was Jake.
“Jake” Daniel growled. “ You better have a good reason for calling.”
“Well, well,well." A chilling but familiar voice came from the other end. It was a voice he had heard before.
“ Hello, Daniel. I hope you had a nice birthday party.”
“Luke.” Daniel growled in anger. Annabelle’s ears perked up at the sound of his name.
“Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me.” Luke laughed at the other end.
“The party is not over and I have planned one of my own and can you guess who are the MVP’s? Your bossom friend Jacob and your dear lovely mother.”
Daniel boiled in rage at the information and he clenched the phone tighter.
“Listen, you monster!” He cried out. “ If you lay a finger on any one of them…”
“You are in no position to make treats, boy.” Luke spat, all traces of humor gone in his voice. “ I’m in that abandoned warehouse a few distance from your school. If you want them unharmed, you know what to do. I told you I always get what I want. I’ll see you there.” He concluded and cut the call.
Daniel screamed in rage and punched the wall in anger.
“Ann.” he whispered after calming down. “ We have a problem.”