Chapter 2: Just the Beginning

Just the Beginning

~~~

"You two ready?" Natasha shouts back at us.

"Yep," I reply as I place my sword in the holder on my back then my gun in my holster.

"First time working together," Steve says walking over to me with a smile.

"First time for everything," I tell him and he nods.

We then hear sirens and Steve and I go the front of the ship. I look out and I see people running out of the building and who I assume is Loki, walking out of the building. "Get us closer," Steve says and Natasha does as he says.

The back door opens and Steve and I jump out. I land in front of the man that Loki is about to shoot with his staff then Steve lands in front of me as it hits his shield. I watch as it then strikes Loki and I pull out my sword. "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing," Steve says as he walks towards Loki and I follow behind him.

"The soldier. The man out of time," Loki says standing up and then looking at me, "And who are you?"

"Someone you wish you never met," I reply and then I hear Natasha pull up behind us in the ship.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down," Natasha says on the PA.

Another beam comes from Loki's staff and I grab my gun and shoot at him as Steve throws his shield. The bullet hits him the same time the shield does. I run up and then punch Loki in the face. He quickly turns to look at me and goes to strike me with his staff. I bring my sword up and at the same time Steve puts his shield up to deflect the strike.

I grunt as Loki quickly swipes his staff back at me and it hits me in the face and I go flying backwards. I then hear Steve grunt as Loki does the same to him. Steve and I look at each other determined. I throw my sword at Loki and Steve does the same with his shield. I run up to Loki and throw a punch.

He ducks and then goes to hit me with his staff. I slide under him and kick him in the leg making him stumble. Steve then comes up behind him and punches him in the back, but then Loki hits Steve in the back with his staff making him go forward.

I quickly get up and Loki goes to stab me with his staff. I put my hand up and scream as the tip pierces my it and he forces it down further. "Kneel," he tells me.

"Not today," Steve shouts coming up behind him.

He kicks Loki and the staff leaves my hand. I sigh as I feel the pierced flesh start to heal. Steve and Loki continue fighting then Steve is thrown by him. I look up into the sky when I hear music and then I see Tony Stark coming in his Iron Man suit. Tony shoots from his hands and it hits Loki, forcing him backwards and Tony lands.