Chapter 4: Damage

Damage

~~~

I groan quietly as I hear Fury's voice in my ear. "Devin, do you copy?" I hear, but I don't say anything. "Devin?" I hear his voice again and my eyes slowly open.

"Here," I say while groaning.

"Eva," I hear and I look to my right to see Natasha.

"Nat," I say as I slowly get up.

"My leg's stuck," Natasha says once I'm standing up.

"I'm with Natasha. We're okay," I tell Fury, but stop when I see Bruce, "I think."

"Doctor," Natasha says tentatively when I slowly move towards her as I watch Bruce's movements, "Bruce? You got to fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're going to be okay, listen to me."

I hear the worry in Natasha's voice as two men run over. "Are you hurt?" One of them asks and Natasha motions them to leave.

"We're going to be okay, Bruce," I tell him as I slowly bend down to grab the pipe on Natasha's leg.

"I swear on my life, I will get you out of this," I freeze for a moment at Natasha's words to Bruce. Her telling me similar words when we were in the Red Room together. The promise that she made to me.

"Your life?" Bruce asks angrily as he turns to face her.

My eyes go wide when Bruce starts to move away. "Bruce," Natasha says softly.

I quickly pull the pipe off Natasha's leg. "I got you," I say helping her up. Natasha wraps her arms around my shoulders, but she freezes when she sees the Hulk.

"Go! Go!" I shout to her as the Hulk turns to us.

We run up the stairs then grab onto the railing and Hulk pulls the stairs off. Natasha pulls herself up and then I do the same. We continue running to try and get as far away from the Hulk as we can.

We are then caught in a tight space. The Hulk chases us, destroying everything in his path. He soon catches up to us and hits Natasha and I into a wall. Natasha grunts as she sits up and I quickly get in front of her. "Bruce," I say gently as I hold out my hand, "I know you are in there, you don't want to do this."

The Hulk pays no attention to my words as he comes closer to Natasha and I. As I am about to speak again, he is taken through the wall. I let out a sigh of relief when I turn to face Natasha. "Are you okay?" I ask as I move to sit next to her.

"Better. Thank you," Natasha says quietly and I just nod in response, "Are you okay?"

I nod again and decide to ask her a question that I need to know, "What the hell is going on?"

"It's Clint, he found Loki and placed a bomb on the ship so he can get him," Natasha tells me and I sigh.

"Devin, I need you with Coulson," Fury tells me and I sigh.