Chapter 31: Take a Break

Take a Break

~~~

3rd person POV:

Bruce and Tony were picked up and Clint is now taking everyone to a safe house.

"The news is loving you guys," Maria's voice says through the radio, "Nobody else is."

Lyon looks around and everyone besides himself, Clint, and Tony were effected by Wanda's powers. "There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air," Maria tells them.

Tony stands up from his chair and walks over to Evalina. She doesn't look up, but can sense his presence. Tony sits on the ground beside her and she rests her head on his shoulder. Evalina feels Tony gently place his hand on top of hers, but she doesn't move. "The Stark relief foundation?" Tony asks Maria.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's. . ." Tony starts before glancing down at his sister, "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here," Maria says.

"So, run and hide?" Tony asks.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer," Maria responds.

"Neither do we," Tony says quietly before Clint ends the call. He looks down at Evalina then and then at Lyon. Lyon nods and switches places with Tony. "Hey, you wanna switch out?" Tony asks Clint as he approaches him.

"No, I'm good," Clint tells him, "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"Few hours from where?" Tony asks.

"A safe house."

~~~

A few hours later

Evalina's POV:

I feel the Quinjet landing, but I keep my eyes on the ground. "Evy," I hear a soft voice say and I look up to see my brother. His facial expression softens as he sees my bloodshot eyes. I feel Tony wrap an arm around me as he helps me up.

"Help her, I have to make sure we're secure," Tony tells Lyon.

Lyon's arms wrap around my frame and he helps me out of the Quinjet. My eyes squint when the brightness hits my eyes. I look in front of us and see Natasha being held by Clint. I look back down at the ground and notice the familiar walkway.

We enter the house and the feeling of home surrounds me. "Honey, I'm home," Clint says as we walk further in. Then Clint's wife walks out, Laura.

Since I went with Natasha after the battle of New York, I met Clint's family. Let's just say that I consider them my family as well. "Hi," Clint says walking over to Laura, "Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead."