Chapter 11: Gone

Gone

~~~

Natasha and I slept longer than we expected. We woke up around dinner time and Nat immediately got out of bed because she knew we had to finalize some things for Fury about the mission. I already finished, so I am laying in bed again watching a movie on my laptop. I look over to where Natasha is sitting. She has been sitting at the table since we woke up, which has been two hours. "Babe," I say trying to catch her attention, but she doesn't reply.

"Nat."

Nothing.

"Tasha."

Nothing.

"Natasha."

Nothing.

"Natalia," I finally say and my girlfriend stops what she's doing and turns around to face me.

"Did I do something?" She asks me and I raise and eyebrow.

"Why do you think you did something?" I ask her as I turn the movie off.

"Because it's rare that you call me that name," Natasha replies and I chuckle.

"You did nothing wrong, detka," I tell her and she smiles, "But you need a break. Come on."

I move my laptop and open my arms and she sighs. She finalizes what she is working on then puts it away and walks over to me. As she gets in bed she instantly and straddles me then makes me sit up. "Well, hello," I say with a smile.

"Hi," Natasha says softly as she rest her head on my chest. I begin to rub her back with one hand and run my fingers through her hair with the other. We sit in the comforting silence for thirty minutes till Natasha's phone starts to ring. Natasha groans quietly and kisses my cheek as she gets up to grab her phone from the desk she was at.

I lean back on my elbows and watch Natasha's facial expression go from shocked to sadness. I get up from the bed and walk to her once she hangs up. "What happened?" I ask her.

"We have to get to the hospital," Natasha quickly says taking me by surprise. She quickly puts her shoes on and I do the same.

"Natasha!" I shout as she rushes out of the room with the car keys.

I quickly run after her till she gets to our private garage. "Nat," I say stepping in front of her, "What happened?"

"It's Fury. He was shot and-and," Natasha says with sadness and I take the keys from her hand,

"Let's go," I tell her and we both get into the car. I make my way to the Natasha told me to go to and I look over at her.

I see the light glisten in her eyes. Something that is not normally seen from her. Once I pull up in front of the hospital, Natasha quickly gets out of the car and I follow her. People look towards her in surprise as we run through the hospital. We then enter a private room and see doctors doing surgery on Fury. Maria and Steve are in the private room as well with two agents behind us.