Chapter 15: The Timer

The Timer

~~~

"Steve, can you give us a few minutes?" Natasha asks him when he steps into the hallway.

Steve looks towards me for confirmation and I nod. "You got ten minutes then we got to go," Steve tells us then he walks away.

"I'm sorry," Natasha says as she turns to face me, "For what I said to you. I didn't mean it. There was just so much on my mind that I couldn't control what came out of my mouth."

"It's okay, Tasha," I tell her softly as I stand in front of her and she leans back against the wall. Natasha stares intensely into my eyes.

"It's not though. When I saw the hurt on your face, I just . . . I don't deserve you," she says making my heart break at her words as she looks at the ground.

"Natasha," I say as I place my hand on her cheek making her look up at me, "You mean the world to me. If anything, I don't deserve you, but we belong together. Yes, I was hurt, but like you said, there was a lot on your mind."

A smile forms on Natasha's face before she pulls me into a kiss. I place my hands on her waist and gently hold her against the wall. I hiss in pain as her hand lands on a part of my neck. We pull away and Natasha looks at me confused before looking at my neck. "You have a cut on your neck," she says as she gently runs her finger over it.

"I didn't even notice it," I tell her, but I can tell that she realizes something.

"How did you get it?" Natasha asks as she look back at me.

"Well, Steve and I were being chased by the S.T.R.I.K.E. team and we were ambushed in the elevator. We had no way out so we jumped out of the elevator and crashed through a glass ceiling," I tell her and she looks at me with wide eyes, "Steve will explain more."

"What is with you and glass?" Natasha asks with a small chuckle.

I smile and then Natasha covers the cut as I start the healing process. A few seconds later the cut is healed and Natasha kisses the area. "Come on, Steve's waiting," Natasha tells me and we walk out of the room.

We make our way through the hallways, memories of what happened swarming my mind. Once we get outside, I lead Natasha to where Steve parked the car. "Shotgun," Natasha says making me groan.

I sit in the back, but lay across all three seats. "That's not safe, Evalina," Steve says as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Does it look like I care?" I ask him and I see Natasha smile at my words.

"Alright, Steve. What happened?" Natasha asks.

I sigh as I pull the beanie over my eyes, blocking out the conversation. "We're here," I hear Steve say and I pull my beanie up to see a mall.