Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe

Elevator Catastrophe

~~~

There was silence between us once again as we made our way to the elevators. Only thing to do now is follow Steve. I have no idea where Natasha is, without her I don't think I would be able to investigate into this. I already know who killed Fury and I know Natasha does too, but I don't know where to start to find him.

Steve presses the button for the elevator to come up. Once it arrives Steve walks in first and leans against the rail and I stand facing the door. "Operations Control," Steve says.

"Confirmed."

I freeze when I see Rumlow's hand appear between the two sliding doors as they are about to close. "Keep all S.T.R.I.K.E. personnel on site," Rumlow tells his team.

Rumlow sends me a disgusted look as he walks on, but I don't move a inch from where I am standing. "Forensics," Rumlow says and I just continue starring forward.

"Cap," Rumlow says.

"Rumlow."

The elevator doors then close. "Evidence Response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see," Rumlow says looking back at Steve, "You want me to get the tac team ready?"

"No, let's wait and see what it is first," Steve responds.

"Right." There is something going on. I look at the men in the elevator and see that they all seem somewhat nervous.

I look down to my right and see one of the team members hand on their gun. I keep my hands by my sides when the doors open again. "What's the status so far?" One of four men ask as they walk on, "Administrations level."

"Confirmed."

Rumlow glances and nods at the men as they get on. Steve moves forwards to stand next to me. "I'm sorry about what happened with Fury," Rumlow says to us, "It's messed up. What happened to him."

"Thank you."

Rumlow is trying to get into our heads. Something is about to go down and it's not going to be pretty. Steve looks to his left and I take a quick glance. One of the guys is sweating. I feel Steve lightly hit my knuckles. A silent signal we came up with when he first came to Washington. A signal to be ready to fight.

I cross my arms so I am prepared to grab my sword. The elevator then stops again and three large men appear. The one in the front looks at us angrily and it's a dead giveaway. "Records," the man says as he steps in.

"Confirmed."

I take a silent but deep breath as the door closes. This fight is not going to be pretty.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asks the group of men.

The man in front pulls out an electric baton and turns to hit Steve and that's when the chaos begins. Two men shove me back and the others grab Steve as he hits the emergency button.

I pull out my sword and quickly cut one of the men in front of me in the back making him fall in pain. I then punch him, knocking him out. As I do that magnetic cuffs are grabbed and put onto Steve.

Honestly, this makes this much easier for me since they did not expect me to be with Steve. I quickly wrap my arms around one of the men's necks and slam him into the wall. Someone tries to take my sword out of my hand, but I twist it and they scream as it cuts their hand. They let go and I kick him towards Steve who punches him.

Rumlow kicks Steve's hand making the magnetic band with his arm, get stuck to the wall. I see him go to strike Steve with the electric button, but I grab it before it does. I grunt as I hold it and I shove Rumlow away.

Two men come up with buttons towards my head and I duck. Steve grabs one of their arms and makes it hit the other. Steve then pushes off the wall, releasing his arm. Two more men are up and I swipe my sword and he ducks making me kick him in the face as Steve knocks out the other one.

Rumlow then stands up with a baton in each hand and Steve and I stare at him angrily. "Woah big guy," Rumlow says looking right at Steve as if I'm not here, "I just want you two to know, this ain't personal."

He goes to hit the both of us, but I duck as Steve grabs his arms. Rumlow then hits Steve in the stomach and I punch him making him collapse. Then Steve grabs him and throws him into the ceiling.

Steve and I look at each other, both of us catching out breath. He then steps on his shield and it comes flying up to his arm and cuts off the cuff on his wrist. "Wait-," I say as he goes to open the door.

"Drop the shield and sword and put your hands in the air!" Someone from the S.T.R.I.K.E. team shouts as they appear in front of us.

Then the elevator starts falling. I feel myself almost throw up at the sudden drop. Steve just cut the cords holding it up. I hold onto to a railing as the elevator comes to a stop. I open the elevator doors, but see the S.T.I.K.E. team coming so I quickly close it. Steve looks outside to see a glass roof. "No," I say as he looks back at me.

"It's our only way," Steve tells me.

I sigh as I look down at the glass and I place my sword in my holder. "Natasha will kill you if I die," I tell Steve as we move back and he wraps an arm around me.

Steve takes a deep breath as we move back getting ready to jump. Please. Please. Please.

The next thing I know we are jumping out of the elevator. Steve holds me closely as we fall towards the ground. The shield then hits the glass as we fall through and people start screaming. I groan and Steve does the same, but not wasting anytime we get up and start running.

I just follow Steve and I already know where we are going, to get his motorcycle. And that fall was no joke, I will definitely feel some soreness later, especially with me not getting the chance to fully heal my body since we are on the run.

We soon get to Steve's motorcycle and I know that this was our only chance.

~~~

Second update today! I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author