Chapter 19: What did you just say?

What did you just say?

~~~

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asks after we are done eating.

"Pierce," I say as I stand up from my seat.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha says as she moves to stand next to me.

"He's not working alone," Steve says, "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell," Natasha says in realization.

"I don't like him," I mumble.

Steve looks towards her with realization as well. "So the real question is how do three of the most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asks.

"The answer is, you don't," Sam says walking over to us before placing a photo and folder on the table.

"What's this?" Steve asks standing up.

"Call it a resume," Sam replies and I glance at him.

I grab the photo and Steve and Natasha look at it with me. "Is this Bakhmala?" I ask Sam, "The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?"

"You didn't say he was a Pararescue," Natasha says to Steve as I hand him the photo.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asks him.

"Yeah."

"I hear the couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs," Natasha says glancing at the photo then looking at Sam, "What did you use? A stealth chute?"

"No," Sam says before grabbing the folder and handing it to Steve, "These."

I look over Steve shoulders and smile. "Now this is what I like to see," I say as I take the folder out of Steve's hands and look at the flying suit.

"I thought you sad you were a pilot," Steve says looking at Sam.

"I never said pilot," Sam says and I chuckle while looking at the picture.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam," Steve tells him, "You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better way to get back in it," Same replies.

Steve smiles and takes the folder out of my hands. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" He asks.

"The last one is in Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall," Sam says looking at all of us.

Steve glances at me and I just smile at him then he looks at Natasha and she shrugs. "Won't be problem," I say walking up to Sam and patting him on the shoulder before walking past him.