Chapter 28: Two Introductions

Two Introductions

~~~

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha asks Dr. Cho. while looking at Clint's wound, "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

I chuckle as I stand next to Nat causing Clint to playfully glare at me. "There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra," Dr. Cho responds.

"She's creating tissue," Bruce clarifies and I nod.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes," Dr. Cho says.

"Oh, he's fat-lining. Call it. Time?" My brother asks as he walks into the room.

"No, no, no. I'm gonna live forever," Clint says making me smile, "I'm gonna be made of plastic."

"So I'll poke you right there and feel plastic? It won't hurt?" I ask jokingly making Clint chuckle lightly.

"Here's your beverage," Tony says handing Clint a drink.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference," Dr. Cho states.

"I don't have a girlfriend," he responds.

"That I can't fix," Dr. Cho says almost making me burst out with laughter. Natasha lightly nudges me which causes me to stop. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust," Dr. Cho tells him.

"That is exactly the plan," Tony says, "And Helen, I expect to see you t the party on Saturday." Clint hands Natasha his drink and she drinks it herself.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," Dr. Cho says before pausing, "Will Thor be there?"

That is my breaking point and Natasha drags me out of the room as I begin to laugh. She pulls me into an empty room before setting the drink on a table and pushing me up against the wall. "Hello," I say as Natasha holds me against it.

"What is with you?" She asks with a smile.

"Just happy," I tell her and she smiles. Natasha leans in a kisses me. I moan lightly as the kiss begins to intensify. We kiss for a few more seconds before pulling away. I place a hand on Nat's cheek and kiss her forehead. "I love you, Talia," I tell her and she smiles wide.

"I love you too."

----------

Saturday night