Chapter 32: Mind Games

Mind Games

~~~

I hear loud talking downstairs waking me from my sleep. I see a leather jacket at the edge of the bed that must have been put there by Tony. I grab it and slip it on before putting my shoes on and making my way downstairs. "Nice of you to join us," Fury says and I raise an eyebrow at his presence. I look around and see Tony, Steve, Clint, Bruce, Lyon, and Natasha in the room.

"Well, Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time," Fury says as I lean against the wall by the back door. Lila runs over with a bright smile before handing a piece of paper to Nat and I smile softly at the interaction but quickly hide it.

"My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury states.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere," Fury responds, "The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"What about the launch codes?" I ask him.

"He is still going for those," Fury says and I sigh softly at his response, "But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony says making me smile softly before shaking my head.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that," Fury tells him.

"Nexus?" Steve asks.

"It's the world Internet hub in Oslo," Bruce tells him, "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth."

"What did they say?" Clint asks as he messes with a dart.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed," Fury states.

"By whom?" Tony asks and my eyes go wide as a dart whips past his face onto the board.

"Parties unknown," Fury says.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asks.

"Ultron's go an enemy. That's not the same thing," Fury tells her, "Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown," Tony says and I roll my eyes.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind if hoping when I saw you you'd have more than that," Natasha tells Fury while looking at him.